Chapter 15: Leo's Solution

Previously on Hades

It was Thursday today, and my phone was blowing up with messages from the group chat about the Halloween Bash tomorrow night. Students have been planning for it for months in advance, even going as far as forming a committee in charge of decorating and devising the setting.

As I watched my phone repeatedly light up with messages, a particular text stood out far more than the others.

Dean the Great: Yo, wat are we going to wear tmr?

————

~Third Point of View~

Aurora eyed the text on her phone's lock screen in suspicion until it bounced away, quickly replaced with someone screaming about the dress code being prudish from the lively group chat. Even though it wasn't.

The urge to text him back with playful words tugged at her, but the urge to ignore him because of her selfish feelings tugged even harder.

Dean had already sputtered random apologies here and there, but for all the wrong things. It wasn't like she even expected an apology at this point, since there were so many toxic things she sensed from him in the past couple weeks. It's not as if he'd sit down, and say his sorrys and give her space. Dean was not a simple man in any sense. Whether it be his erratic actions or his spontaneous word choices, one simply could not begin to understand his thought process.

Aurora let out a soft sigh. She stirred her coffee absentmindedly, watching people pass by outside the small cafe she decided to settle down in before going home for the day.

Until Mr. Troublemaker had texted her.

It was starting to get a little chilly, the temperature dropping slightly as the days go by. A group of friends trotted by, snickering loudly and shoving each other as they joked along their walk. They were clothed in light jackets, and Aurora began to think about the minor changes she'd soon make to her closet to accompany the weather. Auroras eyes lazily followed them until she could only see their backsides as they disappeared past the window view.

Another motion caught the corner of her eye, and this time it was a single person. She couldn't quite see their face as they were peering intently at their phone, taking long but confident strides. He, as she could now characterize, was dressed in dark clothing, and Aurora flinched at the familiarity.

It can't be.....

It had been a week since she'd seen him. Since she had the encounter, since she was coaxed into his car, into his own house, only to be dragged right out of it before she could ask why.

Zeus was quiet. Acted as a normal man, who had no previous encounters with Aurora other than automatically declaring himself her best friend on the spot. He clung to her as often as his scheduled classes allowed him to, with no words of his said brother, and nothing extra about himself either.

It's been a week, Aurora repeated in her head. A week of silence she couldn't quite bear any longer.

Her legs seemed to spring up on their own, the wooden chair scraping across the floor with a loud screech as she tumbled away from her table. The barista looked at her in perplexity as she stumbled out the chiming door, her eyes blown wide in shock of her own actions.

She continued nonetheless, her body urging her to catch up to the unbothered walking figure.

Upon doing so, she stopped him with a hand on his shoulder, turning him around with a soft pull.