Chapter 17: Arresting the Lion

~Third Point of View~

Hades chased after Zeus until finally deciding they were inside deep enough not to be caught by the giant angry potassium sticks. 

Everybody was oogling at Cerberus, sneakily taking pictures of him and gasping loudly when he passed them. He was much taller than an ordinary dog, and big boned too. Not to mention his amazing costume of the night, thanks to Zeus.

Hades was angry at him for making such a fool of Cerberus, but he was even more angry at himself for agreeing to wear the ridiculous costume Zeus had bought for him earlier that day. He had refused to buy anything himself, spewing insults about human culture and its nonsense the entire time Zeus was shopping, but he had bought it for him anyways.

Not to mention, he sort of tricked him into actually wearing it. He even convinced him to unbutton the shirt halfway down.

"It's a seductive costume." He had told him. "And she might be there."

Oh, he knew she might be there. The seductive part was what sold him on it.

Hades was plenty aware he was good looking, and he didn't at least think he needed any help on approaching her. But this time he wanted her to approach him first. He wanted to crush the feeling of becoming an obsessive stalker with as much normality he could gain in the short time he had, and if playing the role of a college student with Zeus was one step towards that, he'd take a giant leap.

He just wanted to talk.

Many girls were approaching Zeus already, asking for photos with him in which they draped themselves over him in. Hades was the designated photo taker, of course, and the scowl carved into his face deepened with every passing slutty costume he laid his eyes on.

From busty cheerleaders to practically naked skin-tight body suits, he gagged at them all. To him, there was absolutely nothing appealing about the excessive skin they were showing off. 

After uncomfortably rejecting a few girls asking to dance, and tons of photos later, Hades tossed Zeus his phone back, walking away with Cerberus hot on his trail. He shouted his name out in protest once or twice before getting distracted by a Cat Woman asking for a photo with the best Spidy she's ever seen.

The Halloween Bash took place in a very large hall that resembled a banquet, with the entire floor open for people to freely roam around. The floor he walked through was covered a in dense fog, and flickering colorful lights blared from above. Music blasted through large speakers positioned in every corner, but served as white noise as everyone seemed quite preoccupied with costumes and taking photos. Large, lengthy tables were lined against the walls filled with bowls of refreshments that oozed smoke and sugary treats that resembled severed human body parts.

Hades just didn't get it.

He stopped in his tracks momentarily, sighing to himself as he re-positioned his heavy belt for the millionth time. If a hideous face-painted creature bumped into him one more time, he was going to rage.

"Fucking shitty costume." He mumbled to himself angrily, eyeing the black lion's mane Cerberus wore around his head. The loyal partner seemed unbothered by it, instead focusing his attention on any figure that seemed to step too close to them.

"Find the restroom." He spoke into his dot, scanning the place as best as he could with the dim lighting. He decided it was best to keep it on him during his stay up here, just in case.

"Restroom located." Spoke the automated female voice. "Approximately 20 steps ahead, residing on your right. Would you like me to run a simple thermo scan, sir?"