chapter 1: botched up spell

Here we go. Characters are not mine. I do not own Merlin.
Although if I did, the story would have played out differently.
The mistakes in the story however I claim as mine.
~••○○■○○••~

The sun shines down through the small window. The beam directed towards a wizard, and a serving boy to the prince. A tangled black mop sat atop his head, and a red neckerchief wrapped around his throat. His usual attire consisted of his brown jacket and blue shirt.

He stood at the wood chipped table, looking over a boiling, black pot.
He looked over to the right of it and read what ingredient he needed next for the potion, out of his spell book. A tattered old thing made from leather and the the paper was thin. The words were faded enough to know it had been around awhile but not so much that he couldn't read it. However it still took a lot to read, as it was in a different language. 

Merlin walked to the store cabinet. It was horribly categorized and frankly speaking a mess. It took a moment of ruffling around but he found the right ingredients. He pulled out what he needed. Then walk back to the pot. Doing as the book told he placed the last ingredient into the mixture. It turned into a light blue color and started to bubble. All that was left for the young wizard to do is say the spell over the concoction.

The words fled from his throat. At the end of the spell however the door flew open and Gaius stepped in.
"Merlin!"
Said wizard yelped, then his eyes turned gold. After that the potion boiled over and with wide eyes Merlin watched as the substance blew up in his face.

He closed his eyes and raised his hands up to block the hot liquid. He felt his back hit the concrete floor and then he was out. He didn't even have a moment to feel the heat and burning as it coated his arms.

*••*°°*••*°°*••*°°*••*°°*••*°°*••*

Gaius rushed to Merlin's side when he watched him fall.
"Oh you stupid boy," he said. The old man bent down and checked Merlin for any damage. There was none to his head, but his arms were another story. On his arms there was burns from the heated liquid. Nothing to serious that would leave a scar. His arms looked red and a few blisters here and there, but nothing permanent was done.

Gaius tried to pick him up to place him on the bed, but he couldn't. His back and legs protesting the action. Therefore, Merlin was treated on the floor. Gaius made a cream to help with the burns. The old physician walked back to the unconscious man laying on his floor.

After the burns were clean Gaius spread the cream over the area. Then he wrapped his arms with bandages before Gaius stood back up he checked him over once more. Looking for any other injuries. Thankfully he found none.

The floor was bad for the warlock to sleep on and try to recover, but he couldn't pick Merlin up to place him on the bed. Using the table as support he pulled himself up. The old man looked at the mess that was made by Merlin. Then looked at the spell book.

"What have you done to yourself now?" Gaius asked as he picked up the book. Reading the text Gaius figured Merlin was trying to make a healing potion. When Gaius read over the spell he noticed that the last word isn't what Merlin said.

Sighing the old man sat down at the table and started to flip through the book. Trying to figure out what Merlin did.

After 2 hours of Gaius sitting at the table, reading through hundreds of spells and many other books, he finally found what spell the young wizard cast.
Gaius didn't know if he should laugh or be terrified.

Gaius was leaning more towards terrified, especially when the door slammed opened and Arthur came through. The prince looked angry, however that anger disappeared and turned to worry when he noticed his servant on the floor.