Chapter Three: Dumbledore's Request

Daddy and I left the Ministry of Magic and we were now walking back home, holding hands tightly

Daddy and I left the Ministry of Magic and we were now walking back home, holding hands tightly. I saw that the sky was now grey and it looked like it was going to storm later. "I'm sorry I ruined the meeting, daddy." I apologized again.

"My dear, you have nothing you need to apologize for. I wasn't even going to take that offer anyway." Daddy explained, "There is no way I'm ever going to kill Credence."

"But what if Grindelwald gets him?"

He sighed. "That's out of our hands then."

"Okay.." I looked down at the sidewalk, afraid to ask a question that I've wanted to know for a while now. "Daddy, do you know anything about my real parents?"

Daddy blinked and looked down at me. "Your real parents? No, why?"

"Well, I'm just wondering. It's going to be four more years before I'm ready to go to Hogwarts and I've been thinking about what kind of house I'll be in. And then I got to thinking about your house, Hufflepuff, and then I got to thinking about our family houses and then I got to thinking about... My real parents and what their houses were. And then I remembered that I don't remember anything about them. And no one knows them."

Daddy bit his lip and looked at me. "Emma, you shouldn't be thinking about your house just yet. You're only seven years old, don't worry about that right now. As for your parents.. If you really want to know about them, then if you want to, we'll do some research to see if they went to Hogwarts or not. Or if anyone knew them."

I gasped and looked up at him with sparkling eyes. "Really? You mean it?"

"Of course I do. Anything for my little beast." He replied with a smile on his face.

I smiled back. Finally, we were finally going to find out who my real parents were. This kind of thing had never bothered me before but.. I just wanted to know who my real parents were and what they were like. Then after, I wouldn't worry about it anymore. They say curiosity killed the cat; well, I'm not a cat, but curiosity was killing me.

To my surprise, we both turned a corner of the street into a dark alley way and daddy turned his head before taking out his wand. "Daddy, what's wrong?"

"It's Stebbins. He's been following us since we left." Daddy said annoyed before casting a spell on the man who was following us. "Ventus!"

I looked out to see Stebbins, who was now caught in a hurricane of invisible wind. He was fighting back against the rough wind as best as he could, but it was no luck before he was knocked off his feet and flew away. I even heard a few Muggles laughing at the scene. "Nice job, daddy!" I said with a giggle.

Daddy gave a small chuckle at his work. "Thank you, my dear. Now, let's get-" We turned our heads to find two black gloves hanging in the air in front of us. The two gloves gave a small wave. In confusion, I waved back.