Chapter Twelve: The Siren Speaks

It wasn't long before we all arrived in an underground amphitheater

It wasn't long before we all arrived in an underground amphitheater. Thousands of witches and wizards gathered around, sitting in some of the stone benches while some stood up. I could see some of the people were either nervous, curious, excited, or serious looking.

"They're purebloods. They kill the likes of us for sport!" The snake woman, who I heard was named Nagini, whispered in fear to Credence. But he continued on walking past daddy and I, Nagini hesitantly following him.

Credence looked behind him as we locked eyes. 'Be careful.' He mouthed to me. I nodded my head in return before he continued on his way while Jacob ran off to see if Queenie was here.

Daddy, Tina, and I were already in the crowd of people who were waiting for something to happen. Tina looked around before whispering, "It's a trap."

"Yeah. Queenie- The family tree- it's all been bait." Daddy replied, still holding me in his arms.

I blinked, the bigger picture becoming clear to me now. I looked around and saw some Acolytes were moving to cover all of the entrances. "What do we do?" I asked.

"We have to find a way out of here, right now." Tina replied.

"You go find the others." Daddy instructed.

"What are you and Emma gonna do?"

Daddy looked up at me. "We'll think of something, right, my dear?"

I nodded and gave a small but hopeful smile. "Right, let's go!" And so, daddy and I went off to hide in the ground while Tina went off to find the others and get us all out of this trap. But then the lights dimmed and the crowd cheered...

As Grindelwald took center stage.

The man was just as hauntingly pale and sinister as the first time I saw him in New York. He looked at the crowd with a natural expression as people continued cheering for him. I only glared at him, anger boiling inside of me. This man would pay for everything he's done..

As the crowd kept cheering, I found everyone we had come here with. Jacob and Queenie were standing side by side, Queenie looking rather excited while Jacob seemed terrified. Credence and Nagini watched with curiosity. Kama watched with a neutral expression. And Leta watched with a look that seemed like she was studying him closely.

Grindelwald raised his hand the crowd silenced. He then spoke in a dark and sinister tone. "My brothers, my sisters, my friends; The great gift of your applause is not for me. No, it is for yourselves. You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer... You came today because you crave something new, something different."

'Or we came here to stop you and your wicked ways, you murderer.' I thought in my head, gripping daddy's coat tightly.

"It is said that I hate Les Non-Magiques. The Muggles. The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells."

The Can't-Spells? Where the hell did they call Muggles that word? My thoughts were cut off when I heard many jeers and hisses from the ground, many of them hating the Muggles. I shook my head; They were people just like them, but they just couldn't use magic. There was no reason to hate them for that simple reason.

"I do not hate them. I do not." There was silence when he said that. "For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the Muggles are not lesser, but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition. Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who love for higher things. Oh, and what a world we could make it, for all of humanity. We who live for freedom, for truth-" He stated up at where Queenie was sitting by Jacob. "And for love."

I wanted to escape from daddy's arms and punch him in the jaw. He was trying to use his words to win over these people and especially Queenie! She had to see that he wasn't telling the truth. After all, she could read minds; She could tell if he was lying.

"The moment has come to share my vision of the future that awaits if we do not rise up and take our rightful place in the world." Grindelwald said as a skull-hookah appeared before him while silence filled the room.

He then inhaled deeply through a tube before exhaling out into the sky. Suddenly, a technicolor cloak unfurled from his lips across the high stone ceiling bearing moving images of his vision...

And it was absolutely terrible. Thoughts of marching men with guns and weapons, fighting other men with the same weapons. There was screaming and yelling and people dying. Then came a very big and very horrifying explosion came into few for all of us to see.

I had to hide my face in daddy's shoulder before the mummers and whispers of the audience grew louder. "Daddy..." I whimpered, on the verge of tears. I had done some research on the war that Jacob and Uncle Theseus were in and from what I've read, it was rather horrifying for those poor men on the battle field.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, it's okay." He whispered in a comforting and quiet time, rubbing my back to kept me from sobbing.

"That is what we are fighting!" Grindelwald continued as I turned my head back at him, "That is the enemy- Their arrogance, their power lust, their barbarity. How long will it take before they turn their weapons on us?"

I shot my head up at the entrances to see that the Aurors had finally arrived. I felt a sense of relief wash over me when I saw Uncle Theseus. I wanted to run to him and give me a hug, but then I remembered where I was and who was speaking. I looked back down at the Dark Wizard while the Aurors started to fan out amounts the crowd.

"Do nothing when I speak of this. You must remain calm and contain your emotions. There are Aurors amongst us." Grindelwald said in a short of parental like tone.

There were gasps amongst the crowd and heads turned to look at the Aurors, swing they were wildly outnumbered. "Come closer, brother wizards! Join us!" The dark wizard exclaimed.

The Aurors looked at each other, knowing they had no choice and walked forward to reveal themselves. I saw Uncle Theseus was the leader of the ground as he whispered, "Do nothing. No force." Please, all of you, be careful.

I then saw one young Auror looking at a young red haired witch, who both seemed rather angry as they tried not to look at each other. "They have killed many of my followers, it is true. They caught and tortured me in New York. They had struck down their fellow witches and wizards of seeking truth, for wanting freedom.."

As I listened, unaffected by Grindelwald's siren like voice and words, I continued to watch the young Auror and the red haired witch try their best to contain each other from murdering one another. My heart beat hard in my chest, waiting for a pin to drop.

"Your anger- your desire for revenge- is natural."

Then it happened. The red haired witch raised her wand, but the young Auror had advantage and casted a curse upon her, which made her fall to the ground. I heard myself gasped hard along with everyone in the audience, some even screaming.

Horror on his face, Grindelwald ran into the crowd, which gladly parted for him, as he kneeled down and pulled the red haired witch's body into his arms. He looked up at some of the audience members, "Take this young warrior back to her family." a few members nodded and disapparated away with the body.

The dark wizard then walked down back to the stage and looked at the audience again. "Disapparate. Leave. Go forth from this place and spread the word: It is not we who are violent."

The crowd of his followers gladly disapparated away, leaving me, daddy, Leta, Grindelwald, seven of Grindelwald's loyal followers, the Aurors, Jacob, Queenie, Credence, Nagini, Kama, and Leta all in the room. I looked at the Aurors to see what they were going to do next.

"Let's take him!" Theseus exclaimed to his Aurors.

This wasn't going to end well, was it?