Chapter Six: Off To Paris We Go!

When dawn had finally came, I had decided to leave the case and go back to explore the mansion that I was born in

When dawn had finally came, I had decided to leave the case and go back to explore the mansion that I was born in. Daddy and Jacob were still fast asleep so I changed my clothes and went back upstairs to the mansion. I had put on a long sleeved olive green dress with brown pantie hose, a green bow, and brown boots. I also made sure to put on the necklace Dumbledore gave me just in case I needed it.

I climbed out of the case and arrived back up in the living room of the mansion. I could see the room so clearly now that the sun was out. I glanced up at the portrait of my real mother and father and shivered at the sight of them staring down at me. I walked pasted the piano and ran my fingers along some keys. I had always actually wanted to play the piano. Maybe I could ask daddy from some lessons.

I continued my journey until I walked into the dining room. It was a big room with a long table that could seat a hundred people. There were many cases full of dead and rotting plants and flowers and even the wallpaper was coming off.

I exited the dining room and decided to go explore upstairs, but I couldn't figure out which way I should go. So I followed my gut and went west. I saw a long hallway that held many windows and many different rooms. I soon found a door that had my name on it. Was this where my room was? I decided to investigate and opened the door.

To my surprise, my old room was all pink. It had a small crib for me, two rocking chairs beside the crib, a small changing station, a play area with all different kinds of toys, a wardrobe, a dresser, a bookshelf with different books from the Wizarding world and the muggle world, and above me was a small crystal chandelier. My mother and father must've put a lot of thought into my room for me.

I exited my old room and decided to go to the room across from mine. To my surprise, it was a large bedroom with a king sized bed. The room was all red and green and it held a vanity, a wardrobe, a bookshelf, a jewelry box, a dresser, a large mirror, a love seat, and a balcony. I walked over to the bed and felt the soft covers. This must be where my mother and father must have slept. I wish I could've known them better. Maybe the book that they left me could help me.

"Emma! Emma!" I heard daddy call for me from downstairs.

Oh no, they must have woken up already. I wish I could've had more time to investigate everything else. But we had to be leaving now for Paris. I quickly exited my parents' old room, closing the door behind me, and carefully ran down the stairs to see Jacob and daddy out of the case and ready to head off. "There you are, my dear. We thought you ran off." Daddy said seriously and hugged me, "You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"I'm sorry, daddy, I just wanted to explore a little." I explained, hugging him tightly.

Daddy sighed and took my hand gently before picking up his case. "Alright, well, just please don't wonder off again without telling me, alright?"

"I promise, daddy." I replied, though I'm pretty sure that I would be breaking that promise rather quickly. I began to walk to the door of the mansion to leave and I found myself staring back up at the portrait of my parents. "Goodbye." I whispered to them as we exited the Edwards Mansion.