Chapter Eight: The Dance of the Lion and the Snake

The next morning eventually came as I had awoken once again in my bed

The next morning eventually came as I had awoken once again in my bed. After we had faced the Zouwu and gotten to the safe house, everyone has decided that it was best for us all to get a good night sleep before tomorrow. I had a feeling that tomorrow would be our last day here and we still hadn't found Credence, Grindelwald, or Queenie! But at least we found Tina and we were finally going to get questions today.

I had decided to change out of my pajamas and put on a black dress with a white collar, black boots, and a black bow. It wasn't what I normally wore, but I had grown on the dark color. After I changed, I looked around to try and find daddy, since we had both stayed the night in the case. On his bed, I found a note.

'Emma, I've went off to tame the Zouwu. I shall be back soon. There's a few biscuits on the counter by your bed if you get hungry. I love you. From, Daddy.' Was all the note said.

I smiled a little before grabbing a few biscuits and ate them. I hadn't had anything sense last night and I was rather hungry. Maybe we could grab some more food before we explored today. Speaking of exploring, I saw the old book that my parents had given to.

I hadn't opened the book since I first got it. I was too afraid of what was inside it. I bit my lip before making up my mind, grabbing the book and sitting on my bed, holding Harry tightly in my arms. "Get ready, Harry. We're gonna see what's inside."

And without any hesitation, I opened the book to the first page. To my surprise, it just said: 'To our darling baby, from us.' I turned the page again. This time, it was a note from my father first.

'Dear Emma, I fear that my nightmares maybe coming true and your father and I don't have too long to live. I haven't slept in a few days because of these terrible dreams and I pray that your mother doesn't worry about me. Right now, as I wrote this, I'm watching you sleep in your crib holding your stuffed animals and sucking your thumb. You are such a little angel when you sleep. Then again, you're an angel all the time. It's hard to believe that your mother and I made you; Our perfect little girl. I have no doubt that your mother will be coming to check on you soon and will find me here, so I must write quickly. I leave this book to you, my sweet girl, in the hopes that you will see the memories of how your mother and I met and how you changed our lives. Please never forget that your mother and I love you very much and whoever is going to raise you when we are gone, may they raise you well and may they protect you. Love, your father and your mother."

I could feel tears already swelling up in my eyes as I took another deep breath and turned the page. Suddenly, right before my eyes, magic colors started to swirl around me and Harry. Suddenly, i found myself in the middle of a train, still sitting on my bed, before watching a scene take place between two children, who were older than me, who were passing each other and were unaware of the other person. Suddenly, the two knocked into each other and glared at each other for a moment.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" The brown haired boy, who had a thick Irish accent, growled at the girl.

"Me?! Why don't you watch where you're going?! I was having such a wonderful time before you bumped into me!" The blonde haired girl snapped back.