Chapter 1

Before time began, there was the Cube.

We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the powerto create worlds and fill them with life.

That is how our race was born.

For a time, we lived in harmony, but like all great power,some wanted it for good, others for evil.

And so began the war, a war that ravaged our planetuntil it was consumed by death, and the Cube was lostto the far reaches of space.

We scattered across the galaxy,hoping to find it and rebuild our home, searching every star, every world.

And just when all hope seemed lost,message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called Earth.

But we were already too late.

______________________________________________

Qatar- The Middle East

Present Day: (2007, stay with me here XD)

"Oh, God, five months of this. I can't wait to get a little taste of home. A plate of mama's alligators étouffée." said Fig with a smile on his face as his eyes seem to dart around the helicopter before resting his eyes to the right of Epps casted downward reminiscing on the past.

"You've been talkingabout barbecued 'gators and crickets for the last two weeks. I'm never goingto your mama's house, Fig. I promise!" Bobby remarked pointing a finger at him wide-eyed.

"But Bobby, Bobby, gators are knownto have the most succulent meat." Fig said as if trying to reason with him.

"I understand." Epps replied in a sarcastic tone nodding his head back and forth. Then started to mimic him replying "English, please. English."

"I mean, how many times have we...We don't speak Spanish. I told you that." Lenox chipped in.

"Why you got to ruin it for me, man?That's my heritage." Fig retorted getting annoyed and uttering some Spanish.

Lenox giving up said "Go with the Spanish. Whatever."

Sargent Donnelly changing the subject "Hey, you guys remember weekends?Huh? The Sox at Fenway. Cold hotdog and a flat beer."

"Perfect day." replied Fig with a smile on his face. He turns his head to look at his captain "What about you, Captain?You got a perfect day?"

Lenox glancing at Fig with half-lidded eyes answered his question " Nah, I just can't wait to hold my baby girlfor the first time."

Everyone chimes in teasing him " He's adorable, That's too..."

Before anyone can finish there sentence Lenox cuts them off saying "Shut up!" stifling a laugh, but a wide smile on his face.

After the planes land, they all pack up there things and walk off to base in Soccent Qatar, United States Armed Forces. They all go their separate ways, to relax and get a little comfortable.

"Lennox!" said a little boy running with excitement.

"Hey, what are you doing?" replied Lennox glancing up at the boy with a small smile as he finishes writing in his notepad.

"Water?" the boy asks offering an army water carrier to him.

"Thank you." replies Lennox kindly standing up, " Are you gonna help me with the gear? "

The boy nods eagerly with a big smile on his face, happy to see his friend.

Colonel Sharp, we have an inboundunidentified infiltrator, 10 miles out.