Chapter 12

After I finished my shower, Epps and Lennox decided it would be good to treat the cut I received under my left eye. Bee went to hang out with Sam which is pretty nice of him. He needs some guy time. I wasn't sure where the other Autobots were, but they were somewhere on base.

"I told you I can treat myself!" I state harshly jerking my head out of Epps' grip. 

"Stop being stubborn!" Lennox says as he sits down beside me writing in his notepad. Epps forces my head back to face him as he disinfects my wound. I tilt my head a little to try and get a better view of what Lennox was writing. Once I feel a stinging sensation on my face I jerk away and slap Epps' arm. 

"What the hell!" I shout harshly to Epps. He sucks his teeth and retorts 

"Stop being a baby!" He continues to dab the alcohol on my wound. It doesn't hurt as bad for the next few dabs. He places some numbing cream and a small band aid. I give him a bitch face. 

"Really?" Epps giggles and walks off. I cross my legs and turn my attention to Lennox once Epps leaves. Lennox stops writing and closes his notepad before I have a chance to fully see what he was writing. 

"What do you want Y/n?" Lennox asks turning his attention towards me. I look up at him and pout. 

"When was the last time you spoke to them?" I ask. Lennox sighs and glances around the area we were in before giving me a death glare. 

"Like you care, you have no idea what it's like to be in my position. You think this is a game! What were you thinking asking Optimus to stay with them!?" Lennox says to me each word getting louder and louder. Luckily nobody paid no mind to us. I close my eyes and glance at The Autobots talking and what-not. I didn't realize a small smile graced my lips. 

"If I didn't care I wouldn't have asked. And you're right I have no idea what it's like to be in your shoes right now, I'm pretty sure I never will be or maybe I will." I grab his hands and bring it to my chest and place it where my heart is. 

"One day Sam will marry and have a family. I don't know where my relationship with Bee will go, but I don't wanna give up on the Autobots even if we don't work out. They believe in me. Maybe it has something to do with my tattoo or maybe some other unforeseen reason. I'm not saying Sam's family doesn't love me. I'm saying I want to choose my own path." Lennox's face softens as he listens to me talk. It was like no-one has ever told him these things before, which they haven't given the situation we are in now. My heart beats harder and faster as my eyes stare into Lennox's. I think he felt it unless he didn't realize where his hands where because his face flushed red as he looked at my chest then my face. I chuckle at him.

"You're not groping my boobs, relax. I'm telling you, you can trust me and I won't judge you. I'm in no position to judge you, because I have no idea what you went through." His hands dropped as well as his face as he stared at me in disbelief. I shrug my shoulders and get up to go find Optimus. 

"Y/n! Wait!" Lennox says as he grabs my wrist. I give him my full attention and a small smile. 

"I was writing to my wife and daughter. I haven't had a chance to see them in a very long time. I wasn't even there for my daughter's birth! I was meant to go home, but we had The Autobots and they took me and my team back on the field." Lennox says as tears roll down his face. I nod having an idea of his pain. Just putting myself in his shoes, just for a moment. I bring both my hands to his face and wipe his tears with my thumbs. 

"They love you. They understand what you do, if you can take the time out of your day to write, they will love you. Because you are showing that you still think about them."