Chapter 1

It was around eleven in the evening when I got back to my apartment

It was around eleven in the evening when I got back to my apartment. I had gone out for dinner with Morgan and a few of my other friends. Walking in, I spotted two of my housemates were there, but Advik was nowhere in sight. I assumed he was out at a party, and just waved at Reid and Nexus as I walked past them in the living room. They waved back, pausing their game so someone's character didn't die while they were trying to greet me.

"Have you seen Advik?" Nexus asked, throwing his leg over the sofa's headrest. He was what you would call a human slender man. Standing at 6'5 with little to no muscle mass; the blonde, blue-eyed gamer geek was a sight to behold. Reid was almost his exact opposite, standing at 5'5 and being on the chubby side. He had deep dark eyes and wavy black hair he wore in a bowl cut.

"I saw him at the main quad when I was helping out in the stand, but that was hours ago," I said, pausing so that I could talk to them. They looked a bit worried, and I rose a brow in confusion, wondering what had happened. "Is something wrong?" I asked, looking from Nexus to Reid, and I sighed in relief when the two shook their head.

"It's just that he usually calls when he's out late," Reid said, and Nexus hummed in agreement.

"Oh, okay. I'll just call and check up on him," I said, and they both just nodded before turning and settling down on the sofa again. They un-paused their game, and I continued on my way to my bedroom.

When I got into my room, I shut the door behind me before fishing for my phone in my pocket. I took it out, dialing Advik's number before waiting for him to pick up. It took a while --- I had to try a few times, but he eventually picked up the call. The sound of music and voices in the background told me he was at a party like I had guessed, but what — and who — I heard next threw me off.

"Sorry, I was trying to figure out how to pick the call without unlocking the phone," I tiny female voice said. I just kept quiet at my side of the line, not knowing what to say or make of things. What happened?

"He took a drink that got spiked, but he's not doing very well in terms of reaction," the girl muttered, her voice also slurry, but it seemed like she was just drunk, not high on drugs like she implied Advik was. Biting my bottom lip, I tried to think of what to do. They couldn't call the cops or paramedics. Someone would get arrested for drug possession.

"I'm his housemate," I said, speaking into the phone for the first time. "Can you send me the address, so I can come and pick him up?" I asked, and I heard an 'uh-huh' in response.

I opened my phone notes while on the call with her to write down the address. She also gave me a description of her, so I knew who I was supposed to be looking for — dark hair, pink dress, and black stilettos.

When I hung up, I put on my shoes again and picked the bag I had tossed on my bed before leaving my room without a second thought. Nexus and Reid were too deep into their game to notice me walk out of the apartment. I ran down the stairs, before walking out into the apartment parking lot to get my car.