Chapter 7

"You're dating Advik?"

"Trial dating," I stressed, watching as Morgan's features twisted to an even more confused look.

"Trial?" she asked, leaning back on her chair. "Okay, my theory about him wanting to fuck you, was correct, but what the fuck is trial dating. You guys will fake date until...?" she trailed, and I just stared at her, not knowing what to say. I would have answered that question if I had an answer for it, but I didn't.

"I don't get it. Who decides that things are working so you should date for real?" Morgan kept asking questions I couldn't answer, so I drowned her out by drumming a beat on the desk we were sitting at. The practice hall was furnished in a way where the desks were pushed to the far ends, and the center was left for people with large instruments to practice. There was also a black grand piano on a small stand close to the windows at the far back.

Advik had slept in my room last night. I hadn't slept a wink. Having Advik's body next to mine all night, knowing what he had proposed we do drove me to the brink of madness. The next morning, I had left before him because I had an early morning class.

"I don't know Morgan," I sighed, resting elbows on the desk in front of me. I put my head in my palms, giving Morgan a pout. She rolled her eyes, reaching to poke my lips and succeeding in getting me to jerk away.

"Well, at least you'll finally get to fuck him with time—"

"Oh, shut the fuck up," I said, cutting Morgan off. I started laughing immediately after. Not mad at her, but afraid that someone walking past the hallway might hear her. I think deep down she just felt my attraction to Advik was just a very deep-rooted lust that would go away if we hooked up.

"I don't know how you can like him to be honest. He's pretty shit."

I remember her saying in our second year. Morgan didn't see the Advik I knew. He was nice and goofy, and the way he spoke to me was sincere. It made me feel very important when he had walked up to me in the music practice hall to tell me I played very well on the piano. I had only known him through Oliver then, so most of my information was based around how terrible he could be. I had been resistant to his smiles and offers of friendship at first, but with time I caved in, finding it hard to resist. His obsession with getting back with Oliver only manifested later when Oliver started to get closer to George.

"You're not on a build a bear excursion. You know that, right?" I blinked, realizing that Morgan had been saying something. She pouted at me, sighing. "You got lost in your head again, didn't you?" she said, and I just shrugged, feeling my face warm up. The fact that we were here for the Spring and Summer terms meant that campus was mostly empty—especially the practice rooms. Morgan berating and consoling me at the same time was a lot less public than it needed to be which I was happy for.

"Anyway, like I was saying if Advik starts stressing you out, opt-out, you're not obligated to be there for him," Morgan said, and I just stared at her, too tired to argue with her. It didn't work that way when you really liked someone. I just couldn't 'opt-out' of my feelings.