Chapter 2

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my housemates yelling in the living room

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my housemates yelling in the living room. I frowned, squinting at the bright lights before sitting up in bed and rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand. It took a while for me to fully be awake, but when I was, the first thing I did was look to my side in search for Advik. He wasn't there. He had left the side of the bed he had been sleeping on, and I wondered where he was.

I got up from my bed before heading out into the hallway. Walking in the direction of Advik's room I wondered what he was up to. I didn't hear his voice from the living room, so I assumed he wasn't there. I knocked on his door when I came up to it, pressing my ear against it as I listened for any movement in his room.

There was the sound of feet moving, and some rustling, but no one came to open the door. "Advik, it's me," I said, frowning a bit as I wondered why he was ignoring me.

"You want to talk about last night, right?" he asked, making my confusion grow into more.

"Well, yes and no. I picked you up from a party. That's about it," I said, my ears still pressed against the door as I waited for him to say something back. He sounded distressed and it had me worried. "If you're concerned about what happened, your friend called me and told me that you took some spiked shots, so I brought you back home," I tried to explain further, wondering if the drug had left gaps in his memory. He was more or less passed out when I got to him at the party, and he hadn't moved around all night.

"We... we didn't have sex?" Advik asked in a low tone, making me blink a few times as I digested what he had just said.

Advik's question almost made me choke on air. My eyes went wide as I leaned away from the door as I hugged myself. Sex? Where did he get that from? I wondered, covering my burning face with my hands. Maybe waking next to me with no clothes on made him panic. I should have just slept on the floor.

"No, we didn't. You were burning up, so I pat you down with a warm towel," I explained, listening as Advik let out a small 'oh' in realization. There was a brief period of silence before the door the door creaked open. Advik peaked out, looking at me with an unreadable look. He opened the door some more, and soon he was leaning at the door post with his hands folded over his chest. For a while, he held my gaze, but he seemed that he was a bit uncomfortable because he looked down.

"Well then—" he trailed, looking up at me again. Embarrassment oozing from him.

"You thought we had sex?" I asked, frowning as I stared at him in disbelief. "What?" I asked, watching him scratch the back of his neck. I was sure my face was burning up right now, but I didn't really care. I just wanted to know why Advik thought that.

"Look, I just thought—" he paused, biting down on his bottom lip. "Why are you overreacting like this anyway. Is us sleeping together so unbelievable?" he asked, making me blink in shock before staring down at the floor. For a minute there he sounded flustered and maybe a bit offended. Of course, I wanted to sleep with him. I bloody wanted to do that.