•10•

Emmett's POV

I sat in homeroom, waiting excitedly to finally see my mate. If I were Alice, I'd probably be bouncing in my seat. I hadn't seen him since I had dropped him off Saturday night. It was a struggle not to slip into his room and cuddle him until he fell asleep. This boy really had me bent out of shape.

Halfway through Homeroom, I had started to grow concern when I didn't see those familiar, beautiful blue eyes. I had sat up straight and looked and listened around, trying to see if any one in our class knew where my mate was. There was a lot of giggling about me and how hot I was, but nothing that told me where Ezra had gone off to.

Towards the end of Homeroom, I had decided to stand up and search for my mate. This was unusual. He had never missed a class before, he told me himself. So for him not to be in this class, by my side, was cause for concern to me. Just as I had made up my mind, the door to the classroom opened and Alice slipped into the room.

"Hi, Mr. Eriks! I'm Alice Cullen! Could I happen to borrow my brother for a moment?" Alice flashed her sweet, innocent smile and Mr. Eriks couldn't find it in him to deny her.

"Of course, Alice. Please, be my guest. Class is almost over anyways," Mr. Eriks waved his hand freely. I was out of my seat in a flash and I made my way towards Alice, jaw clenched as I followed her out of the classroom. We walked down the hall side by side, and I waited for her to say something.

"I had a vision. I wasn't looking for anything, it just hit me while I was sitting in my own homeroom. It was unexpected...but I had it. In my vision, Jared Newton cornered Ezra before Homeroom and knocked him out. After that my vision went black."

I snarled and turned abruptly to punch a locker, leaving a fairly large dent in it. I went to punch another locker, feeling my rage take over.

"Emmett! No!" Alice quickly stepped into my line of sight and pushed at my chest, "Not here. Not now. We have to find your mate."

"You mean you don't know where he is?" I growled again at that. Alice shook her head and I lifted my lip in a snarl.

"I'll kill him," I said, stepping away from my sister.

"Emmett, no! We can't," Alice grabbed my forearm and tugged me backwards, "Carlisle and Esme will both be upset. We can't stoop to their level. We have to go and find Ezra."

I shook my head silently. I wanted to fight Alice, my need to kill the ones who hurt my mate overtaking my senses. But with the look Alice was giving me, I knew she wasn't backing down without a fight. She even gave a snarl of her own for good measure. I sighed as I turned abruptly, walking out of the school quickly. Alice quickly followed out of me.

We raced towards my Jeep and I noticed Edward, Rosalie, Marshall, and Jasper were all leaning against our cars. I figured Alice must've called them and informed them of the situation. I didn't care, really. I just needed to find my mate.

"Emmett," Marshall raced to my side, putting a hand on my shoulder, "We will find him. I promise you."

"It's going to be a challenge," Jasper said with a frown, "Alice can't see where he is. Which either means whoever took him can't make a decision on where to place him or-,"

"He's on Quileute  territory," Edward finished for him. I snarled at that new form of information.

"Then we have to get him! He could in danger," I said angrily. Edward shook his head silently.

"Emmett, you know we can't enter on their land or the treaty will break," Marshall said. I let out a growl, and I turned to glare at my brother.

"My mate is missing! I don't care about some damned treaty! If he is in La Push, we are going to get him! I will kill any mutt I see to get to my mate."

I noticed Jasper had cowered backwards, and he grabbed at his chest. Alice was at his side in a flash.

"He's hurting. His bond with Ezra is still strong. If we don't find him soon, Emmett may go on a rampage. It hurts so bad, Alice...," Jasper groaned. I felt horrible for my empath of a brother. But I couldn't help the way I was feeling. I needed Ezra. I needed to know he was safe and by my side.

"Then we'll find him," Rosalie was the one to speak and everyone looked at her with wide eyes, "We'll check the edges of their territory first. Where the lines are. Then if we can't find him their, we'll have Carlisle talk to the leaders and see if we can get onto their territory."

We all exchanged looks and nodded in agreement to our sister's words.

"Let's go now," I said, ready to just run off in search of my mate.

"We'll split up in pairs of two," Rosalie said, "I'll go with Emmett."

No one made any moves to argue with our sister. Instead we all climbed into our cars, then drove home. Once our cars were safely parked outside our house, we climbed out of the cars, then split off into many different directions.

Rosalie ran at my side, we both used our speed to run towards the treaty line. Once we reached the treaty line, I stopped abruptly and inhaled deeply trying to find any sign of my mate's scent. I growled when I could sense him.

"I'll kill that human," I snarled. Rosalie was at my side in an instant. She grabbed my arm.

"Emmett, no. That won't help Ezra at all," Rosalie said, "I don't understand your need for this human, but I promise you. We will find him."

I nodded my head once.

"Come on. Let's go find your mate," Rosalie let go of my arm and took off.

I looked around silently, a frown on my face, "I'm on my way, Angel Eyes," I turned and took off after my sister.