•12•

After being checked over by Carlisle, he determined that I was going to live. He had said my bruises would fade away and my cold would be gone by the end of the week. Carlisle made me eat the meal that Esme had prepared for me, which was quite a lot of food might I add, and neither he or Esme would let me leave the table until I had two platefuls.

After the constant complaints of how I smelled from Rosalie and Marshall, Carlisle told me to take a shower, but afraid that I would be took weak to stand in the shower Emmett had Alice run me a bath instead.

He had tried to be present while I was taking it, but I had told him I didn't feel comfortable yet. Alice and Rosalie volunteered to sit just outside the bathroom door in case I needed help. I was a little surprised at Rosalie's insistence to help, but I couldn't lie and say I wasn't thankful.

When I was done bathing and my fingers looked like prunes, Alice and Rosalie helped me out of the bath and into a pair of pajamas. Which were really just a large shirt of Emmett's and a pair of untouched pajama pants from Jasper's drawer. Once I was dressed, I was led downstairs and into the living room where the rest of the family were sat around.

As soon as I stepped into the room, Emmett was up in a flash and at my side. He led me over to the loveseat and sat down, pulling me down beside him and tugging me into his side.

"Whew, thank God that stench is gone. You smelled horrible, Ezra," Marshall joked and I smirked, rolling my eyes at his words.

"You smell horrible everyday and you don't hear me complaining," I teased Emmett's brother, smirking at him. He flashed me a grin as he wrapped an arm around Rosalie.

"Glad to see you didn't have that sense of humor beaten out of you," Marshall joked and I heard Emmett growl lowly from beside me.

"Marshall, choose your words carefully, son," Carlisle said, his tone full of warning.

"Sorry, Emmett," Marshall apologized to the brute sitting at my side.

"It's alright, Marshall," Emmett responded. It was silent for a moment until Carlisle decided to speak up.

"I believe we all of some sharing to do," Carlisle said as he looked over at me, "Would you like to start or shall we?"

"I mean, I already know the gist of it with you guys," I said simply.

"Yes, about that, how'd you find out you?" Jasper spoke up, looking at me curiously.

"I'm not stupid. You're all incredibly beautiful, you have pale, flawless skin, and golden eyes. You don't go out in the sun, you don't eat, and you're cold as hell. It didn't help that Sam called you all leeches and leeches drink blood so I just put two and two together."

"And you aren't afraid of us?" Rosalie asked from her spot near Marshall, her long legs laid across his lap.

"Should I be?" I questioned looking at Rosalie then at Emmett, then back again.

"We're monsters," Edward spoke up this time, "We could kill you in an instant."

"But you won't. If you wanted to, you would have done so already," I said, offering a casual shrug, "I trust you all, and trust doesn't come easy to me but I do trust you."

"And we thank you for trusting us so immensely even though it comes hard to you, Ezra. We consider you one of our own and I wasn't lying when I told Sam you were like family to us. You are my son, Ezra."

I felt my heart swell again at Carlisle's words and I nodded slowly at him. I never had a father. Arthur had tried to be a father figure to me, but he was more like an uncle because he was my uncle. I rarely ever saw him and when I did, he was more like a friend than a father.