•10•

Prom rolled around and this year, Emmett had decided he wanted to take me to the prom. It was my first prom. I hadn't been able to go last year because I had come down with the flue. Rosalie felt it would be special if he and I attended. How could I say no to him when his proposal was just so sweet?

He went and asked my uncle for permission first, then did a whole proposal by riding out prom on the front lawn so it would be the first thing I saw when I opened my window in the morning. He was there with gummy bears and flowers, flashing that ridiculously adorable grin of his that I just can't help but to love.

So of course, I said yes and went with the girls to go shopping. Alice and Rosalie helped me to pick out a really nice tux, and Emmett went with the guys to get his.

Alice refused to let me show Emmett what her tux looked like and she kept it hidden in her room to keep it from me before the dance. At first I found it annoying and tried to get it out so I could show Emmett. I tried everything, pleading, silent treatment but nothing worked. So in the end, I gave up and decided to wait until prom.

It was prom night. So there I was upstairs with my sisters. Alice was wearing a beautiful white dress, that flowed ever so elegantly. It reminded me more of a wedding dress than a prom dress. Rosalie wore a simple red dress, with a hint of detailing around the neck. Alice had picked out a blue and black. My suit jacket was blue and my pants, my vest , my shirt was black and my bowtie was blue.

Esme was taking picture after picture

Esme was taking picture after picture. I rolled my eyes at how many pictures my mother was taking. She reminded me of my biological mother, the thought brought a pang to my chest. I shook that thought away when I heard a door open upstairs. I immediately straightened up and waited for my sisters.

Once they were ready, we all walked our of Alice's room together and to the stairs. We took one step at a time down the stairs, following one another. I was last in line.

A smile came to my lips as I saw my mate. Woah. He looked way too sexy. He was dressed in a simple black tux, with a white shirt, no tie and the first few buttons undone.

 He was dressed in a simple black tux, with a white shirt, no tie and the first few buttons undone

It was so Emmett, and it was so sexy.

I heard Edward snort and I knew he read my thoughts, and so I kindly raised my finger to him causing him to smile at me and wink.