Chapter 16

Emma had decided once she saw the flyers her mom had spread around town that she would attended the meeting too, for raising awareness around poly amorous relationships. She wanted to help with hopefully clearing the mess once and for all. She could see how much Regina and Ruby were affected by the constant harassment and to be honest, she was getting quite tired of it as well.

Snow had optimistically booked the largest hall available for this meeting and was quite surprised when Emma turned up as one of the first.
"Hey honey." She said and the blonde let herself drop into one of the chairs.
"Hey mom." She said and sighed a little. The pixie-haired woman looked at her daughter and bit her lip.
"You okay?"
"Just tired of the bullshit." Emma said and smiled a little. "I just want people to get it through their thick skulls that we're not a damn disease or possessed by the devil and that they should stop blaming us for their own damn mistakes."
"It's still bothering you, what happened at town hall." Snow said and the blonde nodded.
"Most of all, it's bothering Regina."
"Well, lets hope we can clear up some of it today."

They waited for a while longer and slowly but surely people started filing in. Once it seemed like all people were there, Snow wanted to get up to speak, but Emma cut her to the chase.

"Good evening everyone." The blonde spoke as she got on the stage and commanded everyone's attention. "If you're here to tell me there is something wrong with my head, then you're the crowd I really want to address today." She began and put her hands in her pockets. "Let me make a few things very clear. We made the decision to spend our live together, the three of us, because it makes us happy more than anything. We don't need to know your opinion about it. The way the news came out may not have been ideal, but now that you know, you should know the truth. No we're not possessed by the devil, there is no cult or ritualistic bullshit going on. We're not mentally or physically ill either. We just want to be happy, living and loving together, just like anyone else. We're not saying everyone should do what we're doing. We just decided that this is what is right for us."

It was so silent in the room after Emma finished her speech, you could hear a pin drop. The blonde went to sit down again and the crowd just stared at her.
"It's wrong to be in a relationship with two people!" Someone said and Emma looked up.
"Explain to me exactly why it's wrong to have two people I love. I could say it's wrong to love only one person, it's just a matter of perspective at this point, is it not?" She said and the man got up.
"You're just a whore..." He said and shook his head with a disgusted look on his face.
"So, because I have consensual sex with two women that are both aware of these things happening, that makes me a whore, but you cheating on your wife with 3 other women, is totally fine?" Emma shot back calmly. "I wonder what Clarita would say if I told her about Patricia, Stacy and Lexi."
"You bitch!"

"Now who is the whore. Aren't you spreading yourself a little bit thin Greg..." Emma said and looked at the crowd. "I'm not here to argue. I'm just saying that you shouldn't blame me for your problems. If you don't agree with what Regina and Ruby and I are doing, I have no qualms about that. I simply ask that you leave us alone. We're not doing anything wrong."

A woman raised her hand slowly.
"Yes?" Snow pointed her out and the woman got up slowly.
"I'm just curious how it actually works. My husband and I have been talking about perhaps having an open marriage, I imagine it's similar." The blonde bit her lip and smiled a little. Someone with a real question actually popped up.
"First of all, you should talk with your husband about it, what you expect out of opening your marriage. Regina and I simply wanted to try something new. We talked about it and eventually asked Ruby to join us for a night of good fun. We simply liked having her around so much, it became more than one night and instead a permanent thing over time. What's important is that you talk about it and tell everyone involved the rules that you set for it. We have a few but then again. Our marriage isn't 'open' in that sense. It's just a three way marriage if you will."
"Thank you." The woman sat down again and smiled.