Eight

December 29, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Jay

"Did you and your wife enjoy Christmas?" Ashanti asked as I sat on the edge of her bed. I've been here for over an hour doing nothing when I had lied and told Beyoncé I was hanging with my cousins today.

The feeling I felt in my chest every time I had to lie to her was emotionally and mentally killing me. Ever since she asked was I cheating on her, I felt as if she was on to something.

There's really no telling with Beyoncé though. She's the type to know something and won't say shit. She will bottle everything up until she blow up.

She only blew up on me once and that's when we were younger. I didn't know any better and that's when I realized the kind of person she was. She wasn't the one to play with, so I don't know why I'm playing around on her as if she won't find out. Women know everything.

"Yeah of course."

"What you get her?" Ashanti asked. I turned my head to look at her slightly. She was on the bed wrapped in her robe as she traced the thread on the pillow with her finger.

I chuckled, "Why you wanna know so bad?"

She shrugged, "Just wondering, because you didn't give me nothing but $450 for an abortion."

I mocked her by shrugging and stood up to look at her closely, "You ain't my wife shorty."

She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. Lately Ashanti been feeling real entitled for no reason. She knew she wasn't my wife so I don't know why she would expect shit from me on Christmas. It don't work like that.

When she didn't say anything, I shook my head, "You a trip. Did you go by the clinic though?"

I grabbed my keys and put it in my pocket. I've been here long enough and we didn't even do anything but lay here like we a couple or something.

"Yeah.." She said, not looking at me at all. I honestly felt like she was lying, only because I know how bitches worked these days.

"Dead ass? Don't be playing around on me Ashanti."

She sighed and hopped out of bed, "No one playing with you Jay. I went by there when you sent me the money."

I frowned, "How? When they was closed?"

"The next day."

I don't know who she think she fooling. I sucked my teeth and heading out her bedroom. "Where you going?" She asked.

"Back home. Got shit to handle. I'll holla at you though." She grabbed my arm, preventing me from leaving. I looked at her and before I know it, her lips were on mine. I put my hand on her waist and kissed her back.

"Call me whenever. Don't let it be weeks before I hear from you again."

I chuckled at her demanding ways as if she was my main chick, "Aight. I hear ya."

The ride back home was a long, thought out one. The abortion was out of the way so that's one less thing I'll have to worry about. Now I just have to leave Ashanti alone for good.

 Now I just have to leave Ashanti alone for good