Eighteen

Beyoncé

"Breathe in, breathe out." Tae instructed as she stood face to face with her best friend. Beyoncé took a couple of deep breathes before closing her eyes.

"No, no..." Tae whispered. She hugged Beyoncé and let her cry on her shoulder.

"I'm emotionally tired.." Beyoncé said through her sobs, "I'm so tired of going through this with him."

She rubbed her best friend's back and shook her head, "I'm tired of him putting you through all this shit too. I just want better for you, and I know he loves you to death but the time isn't right at this moment."

"It was never right," Beyoncé mumbled, "I just want the same love and loyalty I give him in return. I've done so much for Shawn, sacrificed so much only to get played with in the end. It wasn't real."

"Don't say that. Even though he's a dumb ass, I know Jay loves you."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes and got out of Tae's grasp, "You don't hurt the people you love."

She wiped away her tears and sat down on the bed. Tae laid next to her in the guest bed and rubbed Beyoncé's back. For a few minutes they were quiet until Beyoncé finally decided to speak again.

"What if the baby is his. Then what?" She said, barely over a whisper. She could once again feel a lump in her throat and knew she would be crying again.

"That's for you to figure out," Tae said, "I really hate giving my opinion on other people's relationship because we're not the same and I know we may not do the same thing when it comes to a situation like this, but if you really want my opinion I'll give it to you."

Beyoncé nodded, "I really do."

"Okay." Tae said before getting comfortable. She crossed her legs and Beyoncé did the same as they sat across from one another on the queen size bed. Beyoncé rubbed her belly as her son kicked away.

"Seeing how long you and Jay been together, seeing the ups and downs, and also seeing how many times you've forgiven him for his mistakes, I wouldn't get back with him. But, you two now have a child together and I also know how important it is for you to have your son growing up with both parents. I want you two to be together, I just hate seeing you hurt, you know? I want you to be happy and if that means you should leave him, then do it."

Beyoncé slowly nodded and ran her hands through her hair, "It was nice to have your opinion on this just to see if I'm doing the right thing or not. I had my mind made up the second he told me he could possibly have another child."

Tae's heart raced as she looked at the broken woman before her, "And what did you come up with?"

Beyoncé pulled at the fabric of the bed comforter before staring up at Tae, "I'm going to divorce him."

______

Jay