Mosquito

Bucky smiled as he sauntered into the gym. His thoughts were on last night, the wonderful time he'd had with Natalia. Unfortunately he couldn't tell anyone because they were still keeping their relationship on the low. She didn't want the possibility of her father finding out. He completely understood and promised her he was happy to wait until she was comfortable. She was cool with Steve and Sam but Bucky felt slight hesitation so refrained from spilling.

Steve noticed him first and grinned. He gestured Bucky over as he unwrapped his hands and gave the poor bag a rest. Sam jogged over as Bucky dropped his bag on the bench and slid off his hoodie. Sam whistled and Bucky looked at him weirdly. "Nice hickey dude, which cheerleader have you been pegging?" Steve blushed as Bucky clapped a hand over his neck.

"Oh this, uh no this isn't a hickey." He laughed awkwardly and tried to brush it off but Sam raised a challenging eyebrow.

"Ok then, what is it?"

"It's a um mosquito bite! Yeah that's right it's a mosquito bite, turns out I have a really bad reaction." He tried to nod convincingly. He received disbelieving looks from the both of them. He rolled his eyes and plugged his headphones in, stretching his limbs before settling into his normal routine.

***

Couple hours later and they hit the showers. Bucky let the hot water cascade over his toned body, the soap washing away the sweat and grime from his workout and the previous night's activities. He couldn't help but smirk to himself when he thought about her falling back onto his sheets, their clothes discarded somewhere on the floor. Even as he hovered above her she still seemed self assured and in control. The teasing smile playing on her lips, just begging to be kissed, and the small quirk of her eyebrow daring him to do it.

His daytime fantasies were interrupted by the one and only Sam Wilson as he knocked on the wall and told him to hurry up. He rinsed the last of the suds out of his hair before slinging a towel around his waist. "What were you doing in there man? Daydreaming about a certain mosquito perhaps?" Sam wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and Bucky swatted his arm.

"Like I said, I have a bad reaction."

"Whatever man. You must have an infestation I mean what type of mosquito leaves a trail of marks down your chest?" Bucky swung at him again but he ducked behind Steve.

"Break it up guys. Buck get changed and grab your stuff you're still coming to Mom's right?"

"Course Stevie, wouldn't miss your mom's cooking for the world."

So the guys packed up and rode into town in Sam's lousy truck. Sara Rogers ran the diner and with a heart of gold and a heavenly smile that matched her food, it's no surprise that's it's the most popular place for everyone to hang out.

The bell jingled as the they walked in and nabbed a booth in typical jock style. Ms Rogers noticed her son's fair hair and the two idiots scuffling over the window seat and immediately hurried over with a big beam. "The usual for you boys? Bucky, Sam no fighting in my diner please." They had the decency to look ashamed whilst Steve greeted her with a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks mom, how's business today?" She smiled at her son and collected their menus.

"It's doing great, better since Mr Petrovich donated." The boys became uneasy at the man's name. He was Natasha's dad and was an extremely influential business man. Poor Ms Rogers though had fallen for his sympathetic smile and tales of being a single parent.

"That's great mom." She smiled again before leaving to ring up their orders. The boys fell into idle chit chat about things like the upcoming game and prom dates. Sam and Steve kept trying to squeeze information out of Bucky, Steve more subtly than Sam, but he refused to give anything up. That is, until the door opened and she walked in. Steve noticed her first and called out, "Hey Nat!" He waved her over and she came with a mischievous smile. Bucky's head had whipped up at the name and he was trying to appear normal.

"Aw man." They all looked at Sam curiously but he was sulking in his seat and staring at Natasha's neck, the bit not covered by a scarf. "Someone got you first." Steve glared at him but Natasha clapped a hand around the exposed mark and sent a guilty look in Bucky's direction.

"It's a mosquito bite. I have a bad reaction." Bucky cringed and mentally face palmed. Sam sat up and grinned like the Cheshire Cat.

"A mosquito eh? Seems they're everywhere at the moment." His eyes sparkled with something like joy but more evil and Steve also caught on. He smirked and winked at Bucky.

"Yeah, Buck's been bitten too. How curious." Natasha realised her mistake and awkwardly coughed. Fortunately they were interrupted by Ms Rogers who placed four shakes on the table, having seen Natasha arrive and placed an extra order for her.

"Hello dearie, it's nice to see you all hanging out again." She hugged the smaller girl and the boys tried to hide sniggers at her face of alarm.

"Thank you Ms Rogers."

"None of that Ms here, I've told you to call me Sara. Especially now your father is helping run the place." She smiled brightly and Natasha forced one back at her, the mention of her father causing it to tighten into something like a grimace.

"Will do Ms Rog- Sara. I'm just going to nip to the loo but I'll be back real quick, no stealing mine Wilson." She glared at Sam and they all laughed before she walked away into the back.

"So, Natasha huh?" Bucky went bright red.

"Uh I think I need to go too." He scrambled out of his chair and practically sprinted towards the toilets whilst the other two roared with laughter.

***

The couple finally returned to the table, Bucky slightly blissed out whilst Natasha smirked cockily. She sauntered over to Sam and Steve with her hands entwined with Bucky's, leading him like a dog.

Sam looked up from his shake and immediately shook his head in disgust. "C'mon guys! Seriously? In the toilets? That's just nasty." Both turned red again and Natasha flipped him off. Steve joined in their blushing and squirmed in his seat.

"Couldn't you have waited Buck?" Bucky bumped his shoulder. "I'm serious man, it's my mom's diner jerk."

"Whatever punk." He bumped him again and dug into his fries, Natasha's head falling onto his shoulder whilst she slurped her shake. Sam sat lonely on the other side of the booth and flicked bits of napkin at the couple making doe eyes.

All in all when Ms Rogers next looked over at their rag tag group she smiled contently as they laughed and joked and threw bits of whatever at each other. It was nice to see them acting like teenagers again.

A/N I'm off to Italy so bye bye. Enjoy my parting gift :)