Interview Crasher

"Hey James, can I speak to you for a sec?"

"In a minute doll."

"James, it's really important."

"So's this." She caught at the sleeve of his blazer and stared urgently at him, trying to tell him something. He brushed her off and turned back towards the camera crew.

Tonight the world renown band, the Americas, were making a guest appearance on a talk show. Natasha was manager/coordinator and ran everything from behind the scenes. Her husband James Barnes, or more commonly known as Bucky to his avid fan girls, was a singing sensation. "James, please listen,"

"Not now doll, tell me after." He strode towards the rest of the band and she almost cried in frustration. Why wouldn't he listen to her? She angrily brushed a curl from her face and shooed away her makeup team.

Bruce, the pianist, noticed her troubled appearance and gently took her to the side. "Are you ok Nat? If you're too stressed to do this then by all means we can postpone." She smiled tightly.

"It's fine Bruce. It's James, he's refusing to listen to me."

"Well maybe I can help?" She looked at him desperately.

"I don't think so. Sorry Bruce."

"It's fine Nat." He smiled and wandered off whilst she slumped on an amp.

Steve, the guitarist and backup vocalist, nudged his pal. "Hey Buck, what's up with Nat?" He looked over at his wife who looked unusually spent. She was pale and nervous, which was so very out of character.

"I don't know. I'll talk to her after this." Steve frowned but refrained from saying anything.

All of a sudden they heard the applause of the audience and the loud voice of the host welcoming them to the stage. Natasha joined them and linked her arm through Bucky's. She fixed her dress and plastered on a smile. They swept onto stage and she practically glided to her seat, kissing the host on both cheeks before perching next to Bucky. He entwined their fingers together and she squeezed his hand hard.

He leant down on the pretence of kissing her and brushed his lips against her ear. "What's wrong doll?"

She got interrupted by the host who welcomed them all and started the interview. It was mostly up beat and light with quick fire answers and witty jokes. Bucky and Natasha were mostly in the spotlight due to their Hollywood romance but neither appreciated it. Throughout the whole time Natasha kept displaying signs of anxiousness as she gripped Bucky in an attempt to calm herself down.

When the five minute break was called and the cameras were shut off, people came running over with water and biscuits. Their media publicist, Wanda, ducked on stage and whispered something in Natasha's ear. She leapt up and made to follow the brunette girl but Bucky caught her wrist and pulled her back down. "Where are you going? We're about to go live."

"James I'm sorry but I have to go." He frowned in concern.

"What's wrong Natalia?" She bit her lip and avoided looking him in the eyes. "Please Talia?" He tilted her chin up and was surprised to see tears glistening. The countdown started.

"I'm pregnant." She barely choked the words out when the cameras started rolling and the interview resumed. However Bucky was on go slow mode and just sat stunned, his mouth agape in shock. Someone snapped their fingers at him but he ignored them. A pale hand gently touched his leg but he jerked away.

Natasha could only stare at her husband as he tried to process the bomb she'd just dropped. She looked at the curious audience and the waiting cameras and just couldn't do it. She sprang to her feet and practically ran off stage.

Bucky registered her leaving and finally snapped back into the present. A huge grin split across his face as he bounced up and chased after her, throwing a half hearted apology behind him. He span around and caught sight of her red tresses whipping around the corner. He sprinted after her, pushing through confused techs and catching up. His arms encircled her waist and he twirled her around. "Are you sure?" He asked excitedly. She saw the happy glimmer in his eyes and nodded, a smile spreading across her lips.

"You're going to be a dad." He lifted her into the air and span them around. She planted her hands on his shoulder and laughed as he crowed joyfully. He dropped her gently to the floor before grabbing her hand and running back towards the stage.

They burst into the interview and Bucky pumped his fist in triumph, complete euphoria taking over. Tears of happiness rolled down his cheeks as he crushed his band members in a massive hug, crying loudly "I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!!" Natasha stood to the side chuckling fondly at her uncontrollable husband. He raced back to her like a loyal puppy dog and gently placed a hand over her belly, leaning down to make cooing noises.

The rest of the band jumped up and swarmed them, engulfing them all in one big group hug. Tony yelled possible baby names whilst Bruce recited different herbal teas that would help. Steve knuckled Bucky and Thor cried for them. Clint and Bruce both scolded Natasha for being on her feet and Tony enthusiastically shook their host's hand. "I'm afraid we're cutting this interview short folks, have a good night!" He then pushed them off stage where they continued to celebrate and pop open a bottle of champagne, which Natasha was kept well out of reach of.

Later that night when they were lying in bed, Natasha curled into Bucky and rested her hands over her stomach protectively. Bucky looked down at her sleeping figure and smiled softly, planting a kiss on her head and whispering a quiet goodnight, both to his wife and to his unborn child.