Chapter 9 - "Pleased to meet you Mr. Malfoy"

"What the fuck is my father doing here...?" Draco mumbled as you watched Lucius  approaching. You started to feel slightly nervous. You had never met him personally, but you had heard that Lucius Malfoy was a very powerful man. It was understandable he was feared, of course nobody wanted to mess with a death eater. Though many people knew about his connections to Voldemort and his followers, they didn't do anything to oppose him. They either didn't have the courage to do so or they didn't have enough knowledge. In addition to being powerful and charismatic, Lucius Malfoy was also smart. There was no sure evidence of him being involved in anything suspicious.

"Hello Draco", tall, blonde-haired man greeted his son. Draco glared at him.

"What are you doing here?" Draco asked though he sounded like he could care less about his father's doings. Draco didn't even make eye contact with Lucius while talking to him.    

"I'm a busy man, as you well know", Lucius answered. 

"Yeah, that I know all too well", Draco stated sarcastically.

"I'm here for business, if you need to know", his father explained.  

"Related to what?" Draco continued questioning. Lucius squinted his eyes before answering:

"Doesn't concern you." Then he changed the subject by asking:

"And who might this young lady be?"

Draco was about to answer something, but you were faster:

"My name is (Y/n) (Y/l/n)", you politely introduced yourself. Despite all the bad things Lucius had done, you wanted to get on his good side. You didn't need any more problems in your life.

"Pleased to meet you Mr. Malfoy", you said smiling.

"The pleasure is mine." he answered. For a moment he just eyed you from head to toe. You gulped. "Does he always do that when he meets new people? Creepy..." you thought. His expression was rather  interesting. Although he sounded polite, he looked like he despised you.

"Draco can I have a word with you?" Lucius suddenly asked.

"Actually (Y/n) and I were just about to leave", Draco answered. He didn't seem particularly interested to chat with his father. That didn't surprise you. Considering all the things you've heard of Lucius it was no wonder that he and Draco didn't have the best relationship.         

"I'm sure she will understand, won't you (Y/n)? Lucius asked while glancing at you. "This will only take a few minutes." 

"It's okay Draco, go ahead", you encouraged. You didn't want Draco to get in any trouble because of you. Draco seemed to be hesitating, but he finally decided to go and talk with Lucius. He got up and they walked away from you, far enough so you couldn't hear their talk.

The conversation:

"What now?" Draco started asking. He already knew that he wouldn't enjoy the chat.

"Who is that girl?" Lucius asked referring to you.

"She just introduced herself to you", Draco answered a bit sarcastically.

"You know what I mean... I need facts. What is her blood status? And why haven't you mentioned her before?" Lucius questioned. Draco started to get seriously irritated:   

"What is this interrogation? Do I nowadays need to get your permission or something every time I want to get to know new people?"                     

"I'm just trying to protect you here Draco!" his father raised his voice.

"Oh yeah, just like you did when you decided to take Voldemort's deal and kill people!" Draco snapped. "And you even let me to do your dirty work! Aren't you a real father of the year..."