Chapter 11 - The rescue mission: Part 2

Author's note:
This chapter took me so long to write, I'm really sorry about that! School and all the other stuff took a lot of my energy 😶 Hopefully I can be more active from now on! If you're reading this now, thank you so much! 🙏

Your POV:

You stared at the cold and deep black eyes of the woman standing in front of you. Her crazy, curly hair was as black as her eyes and so was her clothing. She was truly dark, inside and out. Seeing her smile didn't bring you any sort of comfort, on the contrary it made you even more afraid, especially because you couldn't defend yourself. Around your ankles were chains and there were also the same kind of chains around your wrists. The chains weren't very long, so all you could do was lie down or sit. It was quite dark in the room you were and pretty cold too. You couldn't see much, but it seemed like you were in some sort of basement.

"Where am I?" you asked quietly, trying to stay calm and not provoke the woman in front of you. You knew who she was and you definitely did not want to irritate her. Bellatrix Lestrange giggled and blinked her eyes theatrically.

"Oh, poor girl! Should I tell her? Maybe I should... I should tell you... but what's the fun in that?" Bellatrix babbled with a high-pitched voice. You didn't answer anything, just eyed her up and down. This witch was impossible to communicate with.

"Then, can you tell me why am I here?" you continued asking her, although you reckoned you wouldn't get an answer. She thought about your question for a moment, pinched your cheek and then answered with that same, annoying high-pitched voice:

"You'll find out soon enough! We just have to be patient and wait for your lovely little boyfriend to show up, hehehe!"

"My boyfriend? Why would Dra..." you started asking but paused in the middle of your sentence. You had almost said 'why would Draco show up here' but then realized that she probably meant Harry. Bellatrix looked quite confused but then she continued talking:

"Oh, but I would ruin the surprise if I told you anything else! Now... I want you to be a very good girl and go back to sleep!" And before you could even realize it, she had used some kind of spell which knocked you out. You immediately collapsed on the floor.

Meanwhile outside:

"Why is my father talking to Voldemort?" Draco thought out loud.

"Maybe because he's a Death Eater and is working with him?" Harry suggested sarcastically. "He's probably the one who kidnapped (Y/n)!"

"Did I ask you something, Potter?" Draco snapped and turned to look at Harry.

"Shut up, I think they're leaving!" Harry covered Draco's mouth and pointed at the door. Draco glared at Harry murderously.

Voldemort was walking away and after a few steps he vanished into thin air. Lucius instead turned around and walked back inside.

"Great. Now is our chance," Draco said, got up and started to sneak towards the front door.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Harry panicked.

"Going in of course! You better move your ass here if you want to come with me," Draco answered.

"Are we seriously using THE FRONT DOOR?" Harry asked. He was sure Draco had lost his last brain cell.

"If you didn't know, I happen to live in this fucking house, so yes, of course I'm using the front door," Draco answered while facepalming. Harry rolled his eyes but then got up and followed Draco.

"I always knew you were stupid, but this is a whole new level of stupidity," Harry mumbled. Draco pretended that he didn't hear anything.

"I know what spell father uses to lock this door, this should be easy," Draco said after making sure no-one would be right behind the door when they opened it. Then he pulled out his wand, cast some spell Harry did not recognize and opened the door quietly. The boys tiptoed inside.

They ended up in a big entrance hall with doors to different rooms. There were also a staircase to upper floor and next to it there seemed to be a door which led to the basement. Draco noticed that one of the doors on their right was slightly open and there were people talking in that room.

"Where would they keep (Y/n)?" Harry asked Draco. Draco put a finger on his mouth, telling Harry to keep quiet. Harry rolled his eyes again, but decided to just follow Draco since he was the one who lived there. Draco led them towards the way to the basement.

"I can't figure out any other place where they could be keeping her," he whispered to Harry.

They started to walk down the stairs slowly, making sure they were quiet. When they reached the end of the stairs Harry noticed something.

"There's someone down there... Look!" Harry said and pointed at a person on the floor.

"It's her! (Y/n)!" Draco answered gladly. He and Harry rushed to you.

"(Y/n), wake up! Wake up! (Y/n)?" Draco tried to wake you up while gently shaking you, but you were still unconscious and didn't react. "What have they done to you... Please, wake up (Y/n)..." Draco sobbed quietly.

"Why isn't she waking up? Is she breathing? Try her pulse!" Harry told Draco with a shaking voice.

"Calm down! Yes, she's breathing, but slowly... She's probably under some spell," Draco answered.

"We need to get her out of here!" Harry panicked.

"Yeah, I know but she's chained up, see?" Draco answered to him. He was also panicking, but tried his best to hide it. He didn't want to show any kind of weakness, especially when Harry was around. Draco tried to wrench the chains but with no result.

"What are you doing here...?"

Both of the boys stopped immediately as they heard a voice speaking. It was your voice. You had woken up and tried to slightly open your eyes. You felt dizzy and powerless and it felt like the room was spinning around. Although everything was blurry, you could still recognize Draco's face. You were confused. You had no idea how Draco was suddenly there, but you were glad and just hoped it was not a dream or a hallucination.

"Draco?" you called quietly.

"(Y/n)! I'm here... Don't worry, I'm going to get you out. How are you feeling?" Draco asked worriedly.

"I've been better... My head is just killing me," you answered while rubbing your forehead. Harry knelt down next to you.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?" he asked while stroking your hair.

"Does she look like she's okay?" Draco snapped. "I'd very much appreciate if Mr. Savior could help me to figure out how to get her out of these chains ," he then said, being clearly annoyed. You couldn't help but smile a bit. You could see that Draco was definitely jealous and you found that cute.

While the boys where trying to free you from your trap, you tried to remember what had happened.

"Where are we exactly?" you asked while slowly getting up to sit. Draco turned to look at you with a confused expression on his face.

"You don't know? Well, then... welcome to our basement. You're in my house," he answered.

"What the hell... You mean, this is the Malfoy Manor?"

"The one and only. I could take you to the full house tour, but maybe some other time," Draco laughed.

"Well, I hope the rest of the house is better, I'm not really a fan of this basement," you answered smiling. Now it was Harry's turn to be annoyed. Seeing you being comfortable and having a good laugh with Draco made him realize that the thing between you and him could actually be something real.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted all three of you:

"What on earth is happening here?"

The voice belonged to a very confused Severus Snape. He had cast Lumos with his wand and the light felt like it was blinding your eyes.

"Professor?! What are you doing here?" Draco gasped.

"I could ask you the same question, Mr. Malfoy!" Snape answered, sounding just as surprised as Draco. "But for starters it appears I'm here to save you amateurs..."