A Good Relationship

Astrid watched as Hiccup embraced that poor child and could only feel her love for him grow even more. She watched as he attended to the people of his village, the way he did it was completly different to the way that Stoick did it. He did it like a leader of an army, ordering his people around. Hiccup on the other hand was nothing like his father, he was clearly treating his people with love and respect. This was a leader she would gladly get behind.

She smiled to herself and made her way to his kitchen, she began preparing a meal for him as a show of gratitude for all that he has done for her, from saving her in Berk to defending her from Snotlout and the Berkian Guard. 

Astrid found some fish in an ice bucket and began cooking it over the open flame, when it was ready she took the flesh from the bones of the fish and placed it on some bread making a very delicious looking fish sandwich for Hiccup. She smiled as she placed it on the table. 

She approached the cupboards and searched until she found some mead, she poured it into a mug and placed it on the table awaiting the man of the house. Astrid sat down at the table attempting to make herself look somewhat respectable in her "Wedding" dress.

The door opened and Hiccup entered the house with a tired looking expression on his face he didn't even notice Astrid sitting there as he trudged closer to the fire. He placed his helmet on the little table next to the chair and sat down his hands rubbing his temples obviously the signs of a headache. Astrid felt sorry for Hiccup, he has went through a lot in the space of one day.

Astrid lifted the Sandwich and the mead and walked slowly over to Hiccup placing the food and drink down on the table next to his helmet. He didn't even notice this as he continued to rub his temples with his hands massaging the headache away. Astrid sat down in the seat next to him she was apprehensive at first but then spoke in a soft voice, not wanting to agitate his already sore head any further.

"Hiccup...I made you something to eat," she said in a voice just above a whisper. Hiccup slowly looked up and towards her, she could see the corners of his mouth twitch into a smile.

"Thanks Astrid, but you didn't need to do that I -" but he was cut off by Astrid.

"Actually I think you will find that I do need to do that, first of all because you save my friends you upheld your part of the deal which means I am your servant," Hiccup looked like he was about to interrupt but Astrid held up a hand to silence him, "Also you saved my life from Berk, and my friends lives, then you go and defeat Snotlout to keep me safe! So yes I will always do things like this for you whether you like it or not."

"Astrid you are not my servant, okay. You are not in any kind of debt to me at all. I did all that because after all these years I still love you," said Hiccup with extreme sincerity. Astrid was completely shocked by his pronouncement of love. She felt her heart sore and her head became light.

"You love me?" she asked hoping he would repeat his words for her once more. 

"Yes Astrid I do love you," he said with a slight smile that made his beard twitch. Without thinking about it Astrid stood up and faced Hiccup. She sat in his lap making his face heat up. She could feel a blush creeping onto her cheeks as well but she didn't care.

"I love you too Hiccup," she said softly leaning in to him. Slowly the two inched closer and closer to each other she could feel his hot breath upon her face. She closed her eyes and their lips met, it was like fireworks were exploding all over the place. Her heart began to beat a little faster. When they broke apart she smile and ran her hands through his hair, it was surprisingly soft.

Hiccup closed his eyes at her touch, he never had someone care so much about him in such a long time, he couldn't even remember the last time someone even gave him a hug for no reason other than they loved him. His village people cared about him but not in the way Astrid did. Not with that same love. The love she had for him and that he had for her was completely different. After a while of her simply running her hands through his hair he opened his eyes and looked into her beautiful ocean blue eyes.