three » how to dm

Selene stepped into her house, already exhausted from her night.

A quick glance at the digital clock on the wall—her father and his boyfriend hated the math that went into figuring out the time—told her that she had only been out for a little over two hours.

All she wanted was her favourite silk pyjamas and her Netflix.

"I'm home!" she called out as she slipped out of her heels.

Her feet would usually hurt but she had made sure to put gel insoles in before she left.

Both Carter and her dad were out, it was Saturday meaning it was their date night and in response, it was Zoë and Selene's date night.

Zoë barrelled down the stairs. "How was it?" she asked.

Selene shrugged and headed to the kitchen. "He's interested," she said vaguely.

She knew Zoë was still hurting so she didn't want to go into depth with what had happened at the party in case Zoë would get upset by it.

"You sure?" Zoë sat at the island as Selene got some green grapes from the fridge.

She nodded, washing the grapes and placing them in a bowl for the two to munch on.

"What happened?" Zoë asked.

She took a handful of grapes and chewed. "I found him, I murdered his ego by winning against him at beer pong, and then I left."

"So how do you know he's interested?"

"He followed me out, and tried to get my name and make me stay but I just left in my uber."

Zoë shook her head.

"He's quite full of himself," she said. "You should have seen his face when he lost."

That got her best friend to laugh.

"Come on," she said and Zoë swallowed the last of the grapes. "Let's go watch rom-coms and cry."

Zoë pretended to swoon. "I should just date you instead."

She flipped her hair over her shoulder giving Zoë her best seductive look.

Both girls exploded in laughter.

"10 Things I Hate About You?" Zoë asked.

"God yes," she groaned as they headed for the stairs.

It was well past one AM when Selene's phone buzzed with a notification.

Both her father and his boyfriend were asleep on the third floor above them. She and Zoë were sitting in her bed, Selene in her silk pyjamas and Zoë in a pair of Nike sweatpants and a black tank top. While Selene loved the routine of nighttime; brushing then braiding her hair, brushing her teeth, washing her face and slipping into some clean pyjamas, Zoë just brushed her teeth and didn't bother with pyjamas instead just wearing whatever felt comfortable.

Selene sat up as she picked up her phone.

Her phone flashed with the notification. The snapchat notification of 'Declan Grey has added you as a friend!' flashed at her.

"Declan added me on snapchat," she said.

Zoë glanced at her. They were in between episodes of The End of The F***ing World, the flat screen on the wall, counting down to the next episode.

Zoë exited the app and turned to her. "You're kidding," the pink haired girl said.

She shook her head and quickly unlocked her phone before thrusting it in Zoë's face.