twelve » how to assert dominance

So maybe Selene liked kissing Declan

        His lips were soft and he knew exactly how to kiss her to elicit just the right sounds from her mouth and right reactions from her body.

       So it made sense that they were kissing now, in Declan's empty house on the first Friday of May after school. Selene straddled firmly on his lap, his shirt off, the top button of her pants undone, his hand under her shirt as they made out.

       She ran his fingers through his hair. "Homework," she mumbled. The real reason they were supposed to be there.

       The word seemed to inspire Declan as he kissed her harder, pulling their bodies closer.

        Selene sighed into the kiss, knowing it was a lost cause and just as she was getting back into it, Declan pulled away. Maybe it wasn't so much of a lost cause.

        "You look beautiful," he said.

        She probably looked almost the same as Declan; messy hair, blow out pupils, puffy, swollen lips, heaving chest.

        She pushed her hair over her shoulder. Though she had long since realized that she didn't need a boy to validate her appearance, Declan's words still made her heart flutter the tiniest bit.

       "I want to take a photo of you."

        She raised her eyebrows. "Seriously, Declan?"

       She learned that neither she nor Declan liked having cute pet names so they usually called each other by their names.

       He pouted. "Just once," he begged. "I'm not going to post it or anything. I just want a photo of you."

       They both knew that they had plenty of photos of each other. A photo of her kissing Declan's cheek greeted her every time she picked up her phone. And with every date, or hang out they had, they created more photos.

       She groaned as she realized that despite the facts, she was a sucker for Declan's pout. "Fine."

       He quickly put in his passcode and Selene didn't bother to smile as he took the photo of her. He smiled at his screen before his expression changed to neutral as his phone buzzed. He tapped on the screen as Selene looked up at the ceiling.

       Had she eaten her lunch today? Staring at the ceiling had made her light headed. She turned back to Declan.

       He let in a sharp breath, his eyes wide and then pulled away, pushing Selene off his lap and onto the other side of the couch.

       "Something wrong?" she asked, buttoning her pants once again.

       "No," he said too quickly.

       "Who is that?" she asked.

       "No one."

       She raised an eyebrow before getting off of the couch and pulling down her shirt.