twenty-four » how to interrogate

"Rise and shine

"Rise and shine."

Selene's eyes blinked open. There was a moment of fear as she realized she wasn't in her own bedroom. Then she reminded herself that she was in a cabin by a lake with her high school sweetheart.

She stretched out, closing her eyes as the sunlight came through the curtains. "Good morning," she greeted Declan. 

"It's actually two in the afternoon but." He kissed her forehead. "Last night was..."

"Memorable," she jumped in, smiling at him.

"Amazing," he said, pulling her closer. His arms wrapped around her, pressing them flush against each other.

She laughed. "Amazing," she repeated, closing her eyes and breathing in Declan.

It was nearly half an hour later--Selene was practically dozing off again-- when Declan pulled away and stood up.

"I need to shower," he announced. "And then I'll make you breakfast."

She sat up, nodding.

"You could join--"

"Hard pass." She checked the nightstand. "I think I lost my phone."

His brows furrowed as he headed to his duffle bag to get a towel. "You had it in the car ride home."

"I know," she checked the nightstand on Declan's side. The only thing there was a few condoms and Declan's phone. "Can I use your phone to call mine?" she asked, picking it up.

He glanced at her then the locked phone screen. "Wouldn't your phone be dead?" he asked.

She shook her head. "I charged it in the car."

He walked towards her and unlocked his phone. "It's probably under the bed or something," he said.

"Yeah, but this cuts down search time." She kissed his cheek. "Go shower."

Almost hesitantly, Declan walked off in the direction of the bathroom, closing the bedroom door behind him.

Selene held up the phone. "Siri call Selene."

The phone did her bidding and Selene could hear a faint buzzing noise from her suitcase.

She headed towards it. Sure enough her phone was tucked into the front pocket of her suitcase.

She let out a little squeal and was about to lock Declan's phone when a message popped up.

It was a message from a contact that had been named 'Mark's Pizzeria'.

Selene frowned. Why would a pizza place be texting him when they had both just woken up?

She clicked on the notification.