Chapter 3

I eventually fell back asleep, it was 9:30, I stretched forgetting Jade was sitting on my lap, asleep. She wakes up in tears, holding me tightly.
I hold her steady for a minute, "what's the matter?"
"I had another bad dream... The one where my mom died in my arms again and I was shot.."
Ever since her mom died, she has nightmares about her, about her dying in Jade's arms again and then turns around and there's a shooter right behind her. As a kid, Jade was shot in the leg by her father and that already traumatized her, then her whole moms death freaked her out years later, now it's just us. I started living with Jade when were kids because my mom didn't want me, she wasn't really ready to be a mother, so Jade's mom took me in and we grew up, but I always had a crush on her. I was also still Olivia so she definitely wouldn't date me at that time in our lives. She was the only person there for me as kids, I was always made fun of for wanting to be a boy.
"Ollie," Jade started, "Thank you for helping me even though you have your issues right now..." she says, breathing heavily on my chest.
I picked her chin up and said, "You're my best friend, I'd do anything for you, no matter the time."
She smiled and laid her head down for a second.
"I gotta get up and ready for work, I work a double today," she moans. She gets up, and gets herself in the shower and does her routine.
"Hey, Jade," I said.
I thought to myself- she's so beautiful and she's super cute. I couldn't help myself but trade my eyes down her body.
"Hm?" she signals.
"Meet me at the park after work tonight, alright?"
The park is our spot. The place where we talk about anything. The place where the subject stays and doesn't ever move.
She deserves to know the truth... Maybe she'll feel the same way? Maybe, maybe not.
"Sure, I'll be there, meet you at 10."
She walked out the door and went to work.
I think tonight is going to be the night I tell her how I feel about her. I can't wait to kiss her.