Maestro's epic corruption arc woahhhh

Mace lived in a town of rodents with his mother and father. They were all Cats, and his parents knew it wasn't safe for him to go outside. Mace thought it was for his safety. He got sick of being trapped inside the house all the time, so one day he ran away from home and found his parents dead after they tried to find him. He was attacked by the same rodents that killed his parents. He was backed into a corner. The rats were about to attack him but Mace lashed out and killed one of them, and the other ran for his life... the rat reported the incident and the entire city was now after the dangerous cat. Mace was chased out of town. He managed to get away. He ran to the countryside and found an ad for a job at a circus. He decided to go and have a look, and also to hide away from the rats. He arrived three days before the next show. He approached the ringmaster and showed him his mysterious ability to scale his limbs as he wished... the same ability he used to kill the rat. The ringmaster then hired him. They shook hands, and the ringmaster thought he was in control. He didn't quite expect that Mace was indeed the one who held the power.
The show started and mace showed his ability to the audience. They responded negatively and threw things at him, and called him names. He got very stressed and accidentally grew and broke the whole tent. The ringmaster shot him with tranquilliser that was usually used to calm down the larger animals. Mace woke in a cage and the ringmaster ranted about the broken tent or whatever and mace pretended to listen while extending his tail and grabbing the keys with it. He surprised the ringmaster when he opened the cage. The ringmaster ran though the hallways of the building they were in, while Mace chased. The ringmaster grabbed an old shotgun, loaded it, fired and missed. Mace wrapped around the ringmaster and grabbed the gun off him. Mace shot the ringmaster. He didn't miss.
Mace realised he was just like the rats and got very displeased, but then he realised he didn't really care, so he became the ringmaster.