Chapter 2

Avery woke up to the sound of birds harmonising which immediately put a smile on her face, she let out a huge yawn and stretched. Whilst Avery did her normal morning routine, Andrea was down stairs, with a cappuccino in her hand, worrying about Avery. As she heard Avery coming downstairs she perked up trying to hide her red swollen eyes where she had been crying, since Andrea didn't want her feelings to affect Avery's day. Avery waved to her mom, as she got to the bottom got the stairs and headed for the fridge to grab an orange juice, Andrea immediately said "how's your head" she tried to appear calm, and tried to hide her eyes, but Avery knew something was strange and began to panic, is my mom ok? She thought. Avery sat down next to her mom swigging her fresh juice, whilst her mom looked on not really focussing on anything. Avery then built up the nerve to say "is something wrong mom" 'no no let's get our things together and get in the car ' Andrea said anxiously.

The journey to the doctors was silent.

At the doctors Avery waited patiently staring at the rectangular shaped electronic device wondering when her name would come up to see the doctor, to her right there was a very old man that was coughing heavily but Avery refused the urge to move from her seat. Avery stared at him as if to say stop , he took no notice and continued to cough. You'll probably have less of an illness than when you come into the doctors Avery thought. Eventually Avery's name popped up so they walked to door number 9, the doctor was Dr Christie. Dr Christie was a very kind lady with dark black eyes and beautiful waist length brunette hair, she was very thin and quite short, around 5'2, she seemed in her late 30s. It seemed like a minute later that Avery was all tested and she was frankly very surprised about how easy this doctors trip had been.

2 days later after the appointment and scan, Andrea received a call from Dr Christie "Hi I'm ringing about Avery" She said sympathetically, Andrea sighed she knew it would be bad news so resisted the urge to cry I'm so sorry but your daughter she has a brain tumour, we don't think that it's serious, but we will need to operate to test and get rid of it but it most probably won't come back. Andrea dropped the phone in shock and started to cry she was so worried and wondered how she would be able to tell Avery.

"Avery, I need to tell you something" Andrea said "yeh..." Avery replied " "come here and let's talk, we have a problem". Avery slowly got up and walked downstairs, her legs felt like dead weights. "What is it mom" .? Avery said whilst her bright blue eyes blurred over filling with tears. Avery's mom wrapped her arms around her and said " they think it's a tumour.......