THREE (Iselen POV)

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God... She's Ruby... The real Ruby Rose... This is crazy..." I look at her out of the corner of my eye while she drives through Bel Air streets and the lampposts on the pavement light her pretty face up. She looks just like in magazine pictures: beautiful, wearing a hoodie and jeans, her tattoos seem darker although I can only see her hands right now. I still can't believe this, it's been a week since my life turned into a rollercoaster of emotions: I had to leave the restaurant and my friend Martha with a stupid excuse, although the pack provided her with two new waiters for two months till she finds my substitute; I told my family that I'd found a better job in LA and that I was moving again only three months after arriving to Australia and I've had to learn some things about werewolves very fast, real stuff, not those things you find in romantic novels.

I knew Tony went to visit her and it was a good meeting despite they don't get along, I mean, she didn't kick his ass out of her house and she listened to him at least. But my new friend didn't have much hope that she was going to accept the situation easily and I could barely eat a bite because of the anxiety in my stomach. I went to my bedroom and turned on my tablet in order to work on my... things. And she was there all of a sudden, out of nowhere, opening the door of the room while her eyes glowed like the ones of an animal in the dark, only that my bedroom wasn't dark actually: she got closer and touched me, I felt a weird heat coming from her fingers and then she hugged me tight. My heart almost jumped out of my chest, it was Ruby, the real Ruby Rose was holding me against her body... She said that we were leaving and I just nodded, I'd follow her anywhere although I sensed the tension in the atmosphere so I rushed to obey... and now I'm here, in her car, while holding my tablet in my hands protectively: if she finds out what information it has, I'd die of shame.

The car stops finally after driving through cast iron gates in front of a one-storey house surrounded by a beautiful garden. Ruby's faster than me and she's already taking my luggage while I get out of the car, she opens a wooden door and invites me in quietly. A chorus of barks welcomes us and my eyes are filled with tears of emotion while I kneel down, Ru is really excited and doesn't stop barking and jumping while her mistress tries to calm her down. I decide to remain still, letting Charlie and Chance sniffing me as long as they want before petting them; Ru gets closer finally and lets me scratch her behind her ears. They're very social animals actually but I invaded their territory at such an ungodly hour so they got nervous. I get up slowly and Ruby seems to wake up from a trance her smile vanishes from her lips and she stares at me seriously again.

"Mmmm... this is the living room, the backyard is over there, that sliding door leads to the bedrooms and this is the corridor to the master bedroom..."

"I know..." I whisper with a shy smile.

"You know?" She asks baffled.

"Well, I ehm... follow you on Instagram and I've seen your house sometimes... although you're really careful with what you show..." Ruby frowns before taking her phone.

"Seriously? What's your name?"

"Oh no, my posts aren't interesting at all..." She hands me her phone while clenching her jaw and I obey searching my nickname and adding her as friend. Ruby scrolls down slowly.

"You like cross stitching..." I can't help blushing.

"Told you, nothing interesting..." She shoves her phone in her back pocket and points at the corridor before grabbing the bags. I follow the dogs that are walking before me, even Chance stumbling, till we reach a big bedroom with a corner window overlooking the garden where a huge bed with a grey wooden headboard stands out. Ruby lets my bags drop near the wall and points at another door.