SEVEN (Iselen POV)

"I'm lucky that Nina is such a lovely girl..." I think while shoving my toothbrush back into my toilet bag and then hanging the towel on the rack so it can dry easily. The truth is that I was really anxious this evening, not only because I feared that she wouldn't believe our story, but because I read long time ago an interview where she said she had a good group of friends and it wasn't easy for her to open herself to a new friendships: she obviously adores Ruby and I didn't want to be the root of a problem between them. But everything went smoothly, at least I think so, we played with Maverick, she found out I speak French too and that I know the south of France where she spends her holidays. In fact, we talked for hours and my mate had to drag me out of her house when it got too late. We had a light dinner, then watched TV for a while and now we're ready to go to bed... but Ruby is acting so weird...

My day started in the worst way possible: I slipped away from the bedroom while she was still sleeping and paced up and down the living room remembering the previous night and how disappointed she must've been with me. Because of my stories my readers tend to think that I'm some kind of goddess of lust but the truth is that I'm quite shy, not a passionate and sociable woman, and now Ruby knows it too. She took me off guard actually but I feel like I should've acted otherwise or at least tried to make up for her efforts instead of falling asleep like a satisfied pillow princess. I rushed to make breakfast because I knew she'd get up soon and turned my phone on while sipping at my tea like I do every morning... and then I started to get dozens of texts full of hate. I didn't understand what was happening at first and, when my brain finally processed what they were saying about me on social media, I couldn't help feeling overwhelmed... even if you know what they're saying isn't true, you can stop words of hate from undermining your confidence...

Luckily, my mate woke up in time to take control of the situation. Ruby was standing next to me suddenly, hugging me, and I felt that everything was going to be all right as long as she was there for me. And that's what she did... she remained the whole day by my side, making sure that I was okay, touching me all the time, she helped me to pick out my clothes, she reassured me when we arrived to Nina's home and helped me to make dinner and wash the dishes. It feels like she's a totally different person, it's pretty clear that she's making efforts to overcome her mistrust and is trying to make the situation easier for us both... at least she was doing that till some minutes ago: she remained silent while we watched TV, petting the dogs lying by her side, and I get the impression she wasn't paying attention to the movie. She hardly said a word to me while we both looked for our pyjamas and took turns again in the bathroom. Everything was going fine and now I don't know what I did wrong...

"Oh wow..." I blink shocked walking into the bedroom and closing the bathroom door behind me. Ruby has lit a dozen of candles that provide a dim light to the room, she's drawn the curtains and the dogs are nowhere to be seen... I think I can hear them whining in the corridor. My mate is sitting on the middle of the bed wearing only a T-shirt and smiling shyly, I get closer slowly when she pats the mattress and crawl till I'm sitting next to her staring at her completely hypnotized by her beauty. Her eyes shine like jewels under the candlelight... Luckily, I've picked out normal pyjamas today, in a purple shade with a funny cat printed instead of ninja turtles, but I don't look as edible as she looks anyway.

"I wanted to apologize to you..." I blink confused, I don't understand what she's talking about. "I'm sorry, last night I was an idiot... I know this is going too fast for you and I shouldn't... but the point is that I'm not used to deal with my wolfish instincts, I've spent my life trying to get rid of that my part of me, shoving it to the back of my mind and living like any other human being... but since you came into my life the world has turned upside down and the animal in me is taking control. I'm really sorry and I'll try to do better from now on, okay?"