Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Damon walked up the steps to the two-bedroom, two bathroom suburban home and felt nothing but a rage. The white picket fence was cliché in and of itself but the lilac tree made him smile. He knew Bailey loved lilacs, and that that was her handy work. That only ended up enraging him even more. He walked up the oak stained stairs that led to a small porch and the pale grey, almost white painted door. Without thought he took the key Bailey had given him months ago and opened the door. The sounds of sex filled his ears and his rage turned to wraith. It hadn't been eight hours and he was having sex again after his fiancé caught him.
Damon followed the hallway and when he came to the door that led to the bedroom and without thought kicked it wide open, still in his suit. Screams filled the air and out of the corner of his eye Damon saw some blond woman rushing to pull on some clothes. However, he couldn't have cared if he'd tried. His focus tuned into David who was hurriedly pulling on his pants.
"What the f-" but his voice was cut off by Damon's hand wrapping around his throat and slamming David into the wall behind him hard enough to crack the wall. Damon's face closed in on David's and fear was clearly visible.
"I should beat you within an inch of your pathetic, worthless life." Damon said, gritting his teeth and clenching his free fist to the point of pain. He knew Bailey didn't like violence, and he was doing his damndest not to cause some serious bloodshed.
"However," Damon said, "You aren't worth ruining my life over. But I will make sure that yours is. You just lost the best thing that has ever and will ever happen to you. And I'll make sure that you lose all you have left for hurting her." Damon shoved him back into the wall feeling satisfied that there was a loud crack and David slid to the floor. Straightening out his suit Damon walked across the room and through the halls to find the blond woman sitting on the sofa covering herself with a sheet.
"Whore." Damon scoffed before opening the door and letting himself out.

X

When Bailey woke up the next morning the events of the previous night flooded her mind and she groaned. Her head pounded, and her eyes were so swollen they felt like ten-pound weights were on them. Muffling an unpleasant moan into the pillow Bailey pulled the thick and plush blanket over her head and curled into a ball. Just as she started to fall asleep again, the sound of her bedroom door opening made her jump and lift the blanket just enough to see who entered.
"Good morning sunshine, wakey wakey." Damon's chipper and happy voice filled the room and Bailey groaned at him before pulling the blanket over her head once more.
"Come on Bailey, it's nine o' clock." Damon said before sitting down next to her, then poking her through the blanket.
"No." she said before turning away from him, still covered head to toe by the blanket.
"Bailey Black, get up this instant." Damon said in a pseudo-stern voice. Bailey's hand snaked up the blanket and flipped him off before going back under. There was a chuckle.
"Okay, but you asked for it," he said before he ripped the blankets from her.
He shouldn't have.
Damon's breath caught as he saw Bailey sprawled out on her stomach her left leg hiked up. But that wasn't what caught his attention. It was the black lacy underwear that caught Damon's attention. Boy short styled covering half of her bottom leading to long shapely legs, slightly tanned and toned from the morning runs she always went on. Her butt was small but round and looked firm enough to bounce a quarter off of. Damon bit his lip as he watched her.
"Damon, come on stop playing, I'm tired." Bailey's muffled voice said. It was husky, laced with remnants of sleep and muffled by the pillow. Out of nowhere an image flashed in Damon's head. Of Bailey's screams of pleasure being muffled by the pillow while he was behind her th-"Damon? Give me back the blanket." Damon shook his head fiercely before frowning at himself. What are you thinking? Damon scolded himself. She had just had her heart broken and her he was having these thoughts about his best friend. He took a deep breath, purposefully keeping his eyes at her waist and up. Walking up beside her he leaned down over her, bracing his hands on the bed beside her.

"Come on, you have to get up, being sad isn't going to help you." He said to her. Her eyes opened slightly as she glared at him as a small smile formed on her lips.

"You're right. Maybe I need to be cheered up." She said.

"Exactly, so let's g-" but he was cut off as a pillow slammed hard into his face. Her laughter echoed from above him and he looked up to find her standing on the bed, a wide smile on her face.

"You should see your face. All these years and you're still shocked to find a pillow in your face." Bailey chuckled as she raised the pillow once more. Damon had other ideas. Quickly, he grabbed her ankles and yanked hard enough for her to fall backwards onto the bed. She squealed as she landed, and he pulled her to the edge of the bed, her legs on either side of him. He had to grit his teeth and scold himself intensely as he felt her toned, tan thighs glide across his suit clad legs. She looked up at him nervously as he glared at her playfully.

"All these years, and you still get nervous when I catch you." He said as he reached out and grabbed her sides. Her eyes widened.

"No, no please don't." she begged but he wouldn't have it. His fingers moved quickly, and she instantly started laughing.

"N-no please, s-stop aahh!" she cried out as she wiggled and writhed to get away from him.

"Ah-ah, you know the only way to get this to stop." He said as he continued to assault her with tickles.

"Okay, okay I'll say it, stooop!" she cried out as tears of laughter fell from her eyes. Damon paused his attack and stared down at her as she looked up at him with puppy eyes.

"Damon Draco is the bestest most awesome guy in the whole wide world." She said, memorized like a script. Satisfied, Damon nodded.

"Damn right." He said, and she chuckled. A moment later her face sobered up and she just stared at the ceiling. Her lower lip trembled before she tightened her jaw, holding back tears he saw forming in her eyes.

He leaned over her, grabbing her chin gently in his hand as she looked at him.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked gently. She paused before smiling, a pain in her eyes that he could damn near feel in his chest as he watched her force herself to be strong. He froze when she leaned up and wrapped her arms around his neck. Her soft scent surrounded him as the only thing he could hear was her gentle breathing and the pounding in his chest.

"I'll be okay, thanks to you." She said before she backed away from him and stood before heading to the dresser where she opened the drawer and pulled out her now dry clothes that Jerry had quietly placed there the night before. She pulled out her normal styled clothing. A simple blue and green flannel shirt and jeans. She checked the watch she always wore since Damon had given it to her a few years prior. Her eyes widened as she muttered a slight curse. She ran out of the bedroom and across the hall into Damon's room. Curious, Damon followed her quietly. Work could wait. That's what he had employees for after all.

He walked into his room to find the bathroom door slightly ajar, steam slowly coming from it. He gulped, she was taking a shower in his attached bathroom. Something she had never done since he moved into the house. No female ever had used his bathroom or bedroom, they never stayed for much longer than a few hours. The sound of the shower made his pulse race as he imagined her underneath the stream of hot water, lacing around her tight body.

Damon bit back a groan as he hurriedly left the room and made his way to the garage, grabbing the keys to his sleek black Tahoe and quickly headed out to work. Sharing his house may be harder than he thought originally. Yes, Bailey and he were best friends and had been for over ten years, but what Baily didn't realize was that from the moment, back in their first science class, when he saw her, made her cry, then found her crying, he had been deeply and inexplicably in love with her. 

--------------------

Soooo, your thoughts??

Let me hear them!!!

Thanks ^-^

J. Vas