Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Bailey returned to the large mansion a couple hours later, the sun beginning to set on the horizon. The bike engine roared as it echoed off the walls of the garage. Stepping off of it she unclasped the black storage containers hooked to the side of the bike and pulled out the few bags she had purchased of clothing. She felt a sense of happiness at the knowledge that she'd be working side by side with her best friend until she got a new location for the café.

With happy steps she entered the house, the smell of cooking meat filling her nostrils, causing her mouth to salivate at the realization that she hadn't eaten anything all day. Jauntily, she made her way to the kitchen to find the Jerry chopping vegetables and humming to the old music playing from the small radio on the gray granite counter top.

"Smells delicious." She said causing Jerry to jump slightly before sighing.

"Miss Bailey, you're going to give an old man like me a heart attack." He said with a chuckle.

"I'm sorry Jerry." She replied with a smile as her stomach grumbled.

"I'll be back, I must inform Mr. Draco that dinner will be ready soon." He said. Bailey hopped up from her leaning position on the counter.

"I'll do it!" she said cheerily, taking off before he could decline her offer.

She quickly dropped her bags off in her room before crossing the hall to Damon's room, only he wasn't there. The sound of metal clanging against metal caught her attention as she looked to where the noise came from. Walking down the hall she came to a door that was slightly ajar. Slight grunts sounded and Bailey poked her head inside, her eyes widening at the sight before her.

She had found Damon.

He was currently in his own homemade gym doing pulls on a machine that Bailey couldn't reach even if she jumped her highest. He only wore low riding basketball shorts, his back to her as she watched his muscles clench as he pulled his body up and down in slow controlled movements. She watched, mesmerized as a bead of sweat rolled down his back, noticing the tattoo that covered his bulging muscles. Her mouth was dry at this point, the thought of food the last thing on her mind.

Why wasn't she saying anything? Why did she continue to stare?

X

Damon saw her frame enter the doorway from the long mirror he'd had installed on the wall, but continued his last few reps on the machine. He would be done in a few seconds anyways. He was about to tell her he was almost done when his words paused in his throat. The reason for that was because of the look he saw in her eyes. Her half hooded gray eyes were darkened with an emotion he felt all too often around her, her mouth slightly open, her tongue darting out to wet her pink lips.

He wanted to keep seeing this expression on her face, so he purposefully slowed his movements, his already tired arms screaming in protest, but he couldn't care less. He wanted to keep watching her, watching her chest raise at a slightly faster pace than normal. He felt himself growing harder as her teeth clamped onto her bottom lip damn near making him groan, but he held himself back. His arms couldn't take it anymore, so he lowered himself to the ground noticing that she backed out of the room. A knock sounded, and he turned to find Bailey enter the room once more. She didn't give him eye contact as she spoke quickly.

"Dinner's almost ready." She said and left before he could respond. Damon felt a slight tug on his lips as he smiled. For the first time in their friendship he caught her giving him a look he'd always wanted.

Desire.

And now that he had seen it, he was going to do everything in his power to see it again.

X

Bailey didn't eat at the table, she ate her food in the room she was staying in, nervousness rippling through her in never ending waves. The memory of seeing Damon like that flashed in her mind again and she squealed before shoving her face in her pillow and yelling at herself.

"Stupid, stupid, that's your best friend and you just got out of an engagement what are you thinking? Are you crazy? What's wrong with y-" the sound of a knock interrupted her ranting to herself and she got up, opening the door with a smile. Damon stood there in sweatpants, his torso uncovered, hair wet from a fresh shower. Bailey froze as she forced herself to look over his shoulder.

"H-hey what's going on?" she asked nervously as she saw a droplet of water drip from his hair and trail down his defined chest, past his cut six pack and to the hem of his pants where it soaked into the gray cotton.

"I just heard some yelling, so I wanted to make sure you were okay." He said with a smile.

"I-I'm fine, just talking to myself like usual." She said trying to close the door, signaling that the conversation was done with. He put his hand on the door and stepped inside.

"Good, then, wanna come and watch a movie with me in the room? We haven't had a sleep over in years." He said cheekily. She chuckled at his boyish grin.

"That's because we're not children anymore D." she said with a raised brow. He shrugged.

"You leave me no choice then." He said and before she could ask what he meant, she was being picked up and thrown over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"D-Damon what're you doing?" she asked as he turned and walked them into his tidy room before tossing her on the bed.

"Sleep over time." He said with a grin before he closed his bedroom door and she was trapped, his scent flowing over her. She couldn't escape, not without making it weird. So instead she took a deep breath and calmed herself. She would be fine. She was just overly sensitive and reacting to him because of that. That's it.

Not really believing it herself but trying to hold on to the reasoning she opened her eyes to see that the big television mounted to his bedroom wall was already on and he was coming back to the bed. He threw something at her and she caught it realizing it was a shirt of his.

"I noticed you don't have any pajamas, you can use that." He said casually as he sat down and started scrolling through the guide. His nonchalant tone made her relax. That's right. She wasn't his type and she'd never had a chance. She was just his friend and he was helping her keep her mind clear. That's all. With a new, calmer feeling in her chest she got up and headed to the bathroom, changing from her clothes into his shirt, a plain blue t-shirt. Due to her smallness the shirt fell to the top of her knees and she felt comfortable, his scent surrounding her in this shirt. Folding her dirty clothes and setting them on the counter she made her way back into the room.

X

That was either his best or worst idea ever, he thought as Bailey exited the bathroom, her body engulfed in his shirt. His dick twitched instantly, and he subtly adjusted the blankets over himself to cover it up. She crawled onto his bed, not realizing how sexy she actually was as she tucked herself under the blankets beside him, her leg brushing his, causing his stomach to clench as he bit his cheek. Sweet Jesus, he was an idiot and a genius. He cleared his throat.

"What do you want to watch?" he asked, and she looked up at him with doe eyes.

"Waterboy?" she asked, and he rolled his eyes.

"I hate that movie." He replied, and she stuck her lower lip out in a pout that made him want to lean down and bite that pink lip. Sighing he caved

"Fine." She clapped happily as she cozied herself up under the blankets. He followed suit after trying his best to ignore the fact that he could feel the heat from her body being inches from his.

A while later he felt his eyes getting heavy, something that usually didn't happen until early morning, insomnia usually keeping him up. He turned then, reaching his arm out and stretching it across her stomach. He felt her breathing freeze for a moment before she let out a shaky breath.

Finally,he thought, I finally have a chance    

-----------

What do you think?