Performance 9

Performance 9

Caught

It's a typical day for both Jimin and Jeongyeon. The guy with his members practicing all day and going to school some other time goes to dancing lesson with his J-hope hyung to improve his dancing.

For Jeongyeon, it's a day where she dedicates it to her Seungyeon unnie, a date with her eldest sibling. The sisters went shopping for the whole day and at this time around the two siblings sat down around the corner to rest while they eat the snack they have bought.

There's a reason to why Jeongyeon was so persistent in having this date with Seungyeon. The girl wants the assurance, she wants to heard the word that can convince her that she did the right thing.

"Unnie..." Jeongyeon started, then she continued, "in our soon to be life, the idol life. Do you think it's fun? Everyone is giving up everything and trying so hard to be at the place where the best idols are right now."

Seungyeon was surprised about how serious Jeongyeon right now. Usually her younger sister just joke around whole time they are together so it's weird on how Jeongyeon is acting serious.

She's trying to feel where is the conversation coming from, but Seungyeon couldn't read her sister mind when it comes to this. So she just thought that maybe, she just want to know what's the real deal about being an idol.

"Why? Why do you wanna know, all of a sudden?" Seungyeon trying her sister to take the bait.

"Geunyang (no particular reason)" and shrugged her shoulder.

Seungyeon sighed and just answered Jeong directly, "Honestly, I don't know. I can say there are perks and disadvantages of being on that stage." Seungyeon smiled sadly.

"Let say one of the benefits of it is, you have the spotlight, recognition, privilege, money and people idolizing you..." Seungyeon described while Jeong listens attentively to her older sister.

"But, the shinier you are, and the brighter the spotlight you have, the harder it would be. All eyes on you, you will never have any privacy. And let me tell you the higher you are, the more people would criticize and would bring you down. If idols want to stay on the top, they must be strong enough to handle the pressure and haters."

"You know what, the biggest idols today; the place where they are now, is also the weigh on how much did they already given up, Jeongyeon-ah. A lot of them spend the rest of their adolescent years inside a company practicing while their friends are out there living their life to the fullest, like where we are right now still unsure if we will cut to be one. Just look at your friend Jisoo (Jihyo's trainee and old name). It's been long and she hasn't been debut yet."

"Idols always have the fear that their fans will just leave them immediately once they have done something they don't like so they are being cautious about what they do. They can never show who they really are."

As Jeongyeon listened to her sister, she got to know more about the dream she is pursuing. It scared Jeongyeon but this is what she ever wanted, and she doesn't wanna back out now.

"You know a lot unnie," she commented.

"SM idols share a lot to us who aspire to be one."

"Hearing from you, it feels like idols are being stripped away from every rights they have as a human being."

Seungyeon nodded at what Jeongyeon has realized. She's happy that she got the chance to tell her this before she's going to drop a bomb to her later; so her sister knows what she's gotten too.