03

"OH Emma, I've got to um... go somewhere could one of you give her a ride home before midnight?" Danny said.

"Nobody invites you anywhere." Emma said. She was now on the couch in between Chad and a bowl of popcorn. "Last time I checked you had like 4 friends, counting me."

"Well clearly I do if I'm going." He said walking out of the band room.

"What time is it?" Emma asked Krist who had a face stuffed with popcorn.

"Twelve." He laughed. Emma's eyes grew wide.

"What you got strict parents or something?" Kurt said.

"Something like that." She mumbled.

"Don't worry about it, you can crash at my place tonight." Krist said. Emma took a deep breathe out.

She was much more comfortable in the fact that she wouldn't be sleeping in a car tonight.

"Thank you." She said.

"Well we better load up." Kurt said grabbing his guitar case.

"I'm heading home." Chad said.

Emma followed krist and Kurt to their band van. Kurt looked back at her and laughed.

"What?" Emma said kind of irritated.

"Oh oh nothing." He laughed turning back around. What is up with this guy? Emma thought.

•••

The ride was unsurprisingly filled with jokes And laughter. It was nice for Emma to not be in her room, alone studying and making schedules for her testing. High school had really taken a toll on her life. Her father had really taken a toll on her life.

After what happened in 1983 she couldn't bare to face any of her friends. She had thought she'd just drown herself in her work and it would not hurt. It had been a good 3 years since she had spent time with other people.

"Welcome to Novoselics place." Krist said in a funny television voice while widely gesturing to his house.

Emma opened the door to revel a much bigger house than she intended it to be. A shorter woman with short black hair was sitting on the grey couch.

"You must be the famous Emma!" She greeted her setting down her cup of water.

"Apparently as that's what I'm being told." Emma giggled. This was the second time today she was 'the famous' Emma.

"Well I'm Shelli, Krist girlfriend." She said walking over to krist. Emma didn't know Krist had a girlfriend. She felt of krist as a big rather figure though. Not a love interest. Emma has taken a liking to Shelli almost immediately.

"Want something to eat?" Kurt pulled Emma away from her thinking.

"Uh sure, I'll make something." She said as walked towards the kitchen.

"No, you're the guest. I basically live with these love birds. I'll make you my signature dish." Kurt smiled widely. God he's annoyingly perfect. Emma thought. Kurt had felt her eyes on him.

"You good?" Kurt said leaning his arm against the counter.

"What?no I mean yes?!?" Emma said shaking herself out of whatever part of her found Kurt attractive in those few seconds she was staring at him.

"You sure?" Kurt wiggled his eyebrows. Emma now being quiet embarrassed covered that embarrassment up by rolling her eyes and turning around.

"Hey,hey hey." Kurt grabbed her hand softly.

"I'm only kidding with you Em." Kurt smiled. Em. That nickname had made her smile.

"There you go." He said pinching her cheek. Emma playfully slapped his cheek.

"Ow." He said rubbing his own cheek now. Neither of them had yet realized that his other hand was holding hers.

"So. Uh I'm going to talk to Shelli some more." Emma said releasing his hand.

"Good idea." He said turning to the kitchen.

Emma could barely help holding in a smile. She bit down on her lip to stop smiling.

"So what do you think?" Shelli said snapping her from her daydreaming.

"Huh?"

"Of the guys." Shelli said snickering. "You feel alright?"

"I'm fine and yeah, they're really cool." Emma said.

"Chad is a bit of a quote on quote ladies man but he means well." Shelli explained.

"Yeah yeah, but what's Kurt's deal." Emma said curiously. Shellis face grew a smile.

"He's a weird one. He's so sweet and fun but he's sensitive. Very sensitive." She whispered.

"Dinner!" Kurt yelled.

That was quick. Emma thought. She looked on the table and saw a cup of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. For a minute she thought he was going to do something too special she couldn't top.

"So you're signature dish is Kraft?" She said with a smile. Oh so damn smiley today Emiliea. Her head told her.

"And what would be wrong with that Emiliea?" Kurt laughed sitting next to her at Krist and Shellis 6 seatings kitchen table. Emiliea. It had been a very long time since anyone had called her that. Even substitute teachers couldn't make the mistake of doing so as her teachers typed her name as Emma so she wouldn't be upset. Yet she wasn't too irritated when Kurt said it.

"There is nothing wrong with that." She said softly.

After dinner Emma had walked to the guest room. The room had a full bed in the middle with two nightstand on which she a picture of krist and kurt in highschool together. Oh shit. I don't have anything to sleep in. Emma remembered.

Just then someone busted in the room. "Oh sorry." Kurt said. He was carrying a baggy t-shirt and pajama pants. "I usually sleep in here. I should have knocked." He said.

"No, I'm sorry I'll go to the couch." She said.

"No, I insist." Kurt said beginning to walk out.

"Wait." Emma said. "Do you have something I could perhaps sleep in. I-i would have broug-ht-t my own clothes but i didn't know id be staying." She stuttered.

"Of course." He said handing her a Pixies t-shirt. She giggled. "What?" Kurt laughed.

"Oh nothing, is just I was listening to them before I came to your show." She said sheepishly.

"Hmm.. The girl likes the pixies. Noted." He said pointing to his brain before starting to walk out of the room again.

"Hey kurt." She said be for he had left. He turned around with an eyebrow cocked. "Goodnight Kurt." She said. His facial features softened.

"Goodnight Emiliea."

A/N: wow congratulations to me for posting at a totally reasonable time. Any who thank you for reading this chapter. I will never stop being sleep deprived and that's the end of my tedtalk. Please vote and feel free to comment. I love talking to my readers!