07

EMMA HAD LIED. She never had went to Chads house that day. In fact she didn't leave Krist Novoselics home lot. Then she lied again. She knew deep down she cared a lot about who Kurt was with, yet she would never admit that. She sat in his backyard for three hours, thinking to herself. After the hour she had went around to the front and walked in.

Kurt sat on the couch watching the usual on the small television set. As he heard the door open he hopped up and turned his head to the door. "Emma!" Kurt said much more joyfully than he actually felt.

Emma's eyes heavy from her lack of sleep recently and her sitting in the dark for a long period of time, she didn't really wanted to talk. "What do  you want Cobain?" She said sounding highly annoyed.

Kurt was excited to see her. And she seemed more aggressive than usual. "Look, I get your whole teenage angst thing you have going on, but all I was doing was checking up on you." He said defensively.

Usually calm, sweet Emma would say something funny or just act kind as her personality was. But Emma wasn't herself today. She wasn't used to being assertive, but she didn't even know she was being so.

"Kurt I'm really not in the mood. Can you just leave me alone?" She said. Kurt's eyes grew wide. He knew she was really upset because she had been mean to him.

Emma had sat on the couch to move as far away from the door, and him as possible.

"Actually no I can't." Kurt moved towards her.

"Pardon me?" She said moving her attention from MTV to Kurt who was now right behind her.

"I'm not going to just leave you alone. You're clearly upset with me and I'm not going to just watch you sulk for the next day or month or however long you'll hold on to this bullshit!" He yelled.

"Oh you don't have to watch me sulk." She said standing up for her seat in the middle of the couch. "Because I'm going on a walk!"

Emma grabbed her bag she had just set down from being outside so long and pulled in over her shoulder. Yet, before she could get anywhere Kurt blocked her path by wrapping his arms around her.

"Kurt Donald Cobain. Move out of my way right now." She said trying to navigate her way out of his grasp.

"Or what." He laughed. He really wasn't taking her threat all too seriously because she wouldn't hurt a fly. Nor so would he.

She didn't say anything she just stuttered. "Well... I'll-I'll do- you know- you" Kurt found this incredibly amusing and laughed more.

"It's not that funny!" She yelled.

"Actually em is hilarious." He smiled. She gave him back a smile. She couldn't stand being mad at let alone anyone for more than a day. Sure she was mad her brother left and her mother hurt her, but she essentially loved them. And the case was no different with Kurt.

"So I guess you're not mad anymore." Kurt whispered still having her body in his grasp.

As badly as she wanted to say she wanted to say. No Kurt I actually hate you. She didn't hate him. And she didn't say that. "I'm not mad but if you don't let me go right now I will be." She said.

"Fair enough." He said letting go of her.

Both young adults flopped on the couch trying to find something good on tv.

As Emma scrolled through the channels for the thid time since she had met him, she felt Kurt staring at her.

She huffed. "What is it?" She asked without moving her eyes from the screen.

"Hmm?" Kurt said.

"You're doing that thing I told you I hate that you do." She said knowing he'd understand. She didn't actually hate it. She just wanted to make him believe that.

"Oh, well I was just thinking about if maybe you'd... I don't know. Want to possibly meet my girlfriend." He mumbled the last part.

"Oh." Emma said blandly.

"No I understand if you don't it's a stupid question anyway, let's just watch tv." He said.

"No, I'd love to. She must mean quite a lot to you if you want her to meet your friends." Emma offered a smile.

"Thanks Emiliea. I can always count on you. I'm sorry about today..." he trailed off. "Don't be." She said politely.

Emma didn't really want to meet Kurt's girlfriend. He knew already she'd despise her for just being s cause of an argument for Kurt and her. Wait no, she wasn't... I was just mad about the whole doctors thing. Emma told herself. Yet now she questioned. Was she really mad about not going to the doctor, or that another girl had Kurt's whole heart.