• twenty three •

Jungkook watched as Taehyung just started laughing after killing dozen of guys. There was something weird about it, his smile didn't reach his eyes and he almost sounded worried. Hysterical.

After their laughs died down, Jungkook made a eye contact with the older but he broke it off the moment he saw Jungkook, looking down and then back up at everything but Jungkook.

Jungkook thought if he made a mistake by kissing the grey head. What if Taehyung wasn't willing to, or if he already had someone in his life. Now if Jungkook thought of it, Taehyung had remained irresponsive. And now he won't even meet Jungkook's eyes. Jungkook probably ruined their not-even-formed relationship.

So the younger made a mental to talk to the older when they are alone.
"Hey guys I guess these bikes can still work" Namjoon called as he lifted a bike up.
"Can they?" Baekhyun asked and went the the fallen bikes and checking all of them. Some had no hope cause they had blown up and some were still in the condition to work. So they had five bikes left.

"Gotta share people" Chanyeol said and Sehu grabbed one of them and sat on it.
"Baek's with me" Sehun said and Seokjin got on with Hoseok. Yoongi had Jimin and Namjoon with Chanyeol. And of course Jungkook and Taehyung had to sit together. (Obviously)

"Umm....ah..y-you can drive" Jungkook said awkwardly but Taehyung shook his head and jerked his chin to his foot.
"I won't be able to have a control" Taehyung said and Jungkook gave a nod and sat in the front. He sat still as Taehyung sat behind him and he started the ignition.

"Ready??" Yoongi yelled as he increased the race slowly, the engine roaring.
"Hell yeah!" Chanyeol yelled and Yoongi sped ahead first, Hoseok behind him and then Sehun, Chanyeol and in the end Jungkook.

Taehyung resisted holding Jungkook but when the wind knocked him back, he wrapped his arms around Jungkook's abdomen. The brunette tensed at the touch but then relaxed.

The bikes roared on the road as the boys picked up the speed. Taehyung buried his head in the shoulder of the younger after sometime, lifting it up almost immediately but Jungkook just couldn't help but smile.

The ride went smooth and they all decided not to stop until it was sunset. Not like Jungkook would mind.

"Your hands are cold" Jungkook said over the wind and Taehyung looked at him and furrowed his eyebrows.
"So?" Taehyung asked.
"You can put them in my pocket" Jungkook said. The older didn't say anything but put the hands in the pocket of the brunette, sighing at the warmth.

"Halt!" Baekhyun yelled and the boys stopped the bikes and looked at the leader with eyebrows either raised or furrowed. Jungkook felt Taehyung pull out his hands from the pockets of the younger.

"Listen guys, next area is the red circle, it is the most prone area to white fire" Baekhyun warned,"Please be careful, all of you"

"Okay!" They answered and started the engines again. Taehyung let out a struggled breath next to Jungkook's ear.
"You okay?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung gave a nod.

Taehyung slide his hands in the pocket of the younger again and rested his cheek against his shoulder and watched at the scenery passed by them like a blurry picture.

"Jungkook...." Taehyung started and the younger hummed.
"If...if for—never mind" Taehyung muttered and shook his head as if the idea was not good enough.
"What Tae?" Jungkook asked either way, curiousity filled him.
"Nothing, just nothing" Taehyung said but there was a saddened tone lacing his voice.

Jungkook sighed and looked at the other boys as they turned on the head lights of the bikes. Jungkook tried doing the same but their headlight was broken so he let it be.

"Jungkook can you see that?" Taehyung asked he lifted his head off Jungkook's shoulder and squinted into the dark.
"See what?" Jungkook said and looked at the vision line of the older, slowing down the bike; which turned out to be a big mistake.

"Go go go!!" Taehyung yelled and Jungkook raced forward. The snarling zombies just a meter away from them.

"Hurry everyone!" Taehyung yelled and the boys having the control of the bike sped forward.
Taehyung took out his gun and starting firing into the night, but when he was about to shoot the zombie just near his foot; there was only a soft click of empty chamber.

Taehyung gripped Jungkook's gun from his waist band and fired it instead. Jungkook growled under his breath and raced harder. The speed was increased suddenly that Taehyung who had both hands busy with the gun was knocked back and almost fell off the bike with a yelp. Jungkook grabbed Taehyung by his collar and pulled him back against him and grabbed his arm, wrapping his around his waist.

"Hold on tight sir" Jungkook said,"We are speeding faster"
"Jun—" Taehyung started but Jungkook was already driving faster.

The boys sped ahead and were successfully out of the red circle but didn't risk anything and moved as much away from that place as possible.
"Phew that was close" Jimin said and got off the bike, sitting on the road and massaging his head.
"Too close" Yoongi agreed.

"Should we camp or move?" Asked Namjoon asked as he sat beside Jimin.
"I guess we should move" Taehyung suggested, looking ahead at the deserted road. Not knowing that how much time and people they were losing. The shield was activated but still they were losing their citizens.

"Guys..." Hoseok said softly,"This may sound stupid but I want to say something"
"Yeah." Seokjin encouraged the boy to continue.
"You know what, I just don't care where my parents are right now or my siblings..." Hoseok said softly while fiddling with his fingers,"All I care about right now is...is you guys. I just want all of you to be with me and be safe"

Hoseok chuckled,"I don't know but somehow you all became someone more than my family. All of you"

All the boys smiled at the sunshine and agreed to his statement, Namjoon and Jimin hugging the boy and Seokjin kissed the younger on his forehead. While all this was going on, Jungkook and Taehyung made a eye contact. And this time Taehyung didn't break it off.