Author's Note

Hello!

I just wanted to add this little note at the beginning of this story to remind you that this is a prequel to The Culled Crown. This novella tells the story of Viera Kevlar and her culling season. Cohen talks about this briefly in the first novel, but I will be telling you the full story here. While you can definitely read this novella first, I would suggest reading The Culled Crown before you turn to Viera's tragic tale. I would also suggest reading this novella before you move on to the series sequel, The Toxicant Throne, which is being posted currently. Of course, you are free to do as you wish.

This novella is dedicated to the awesome readers of The Culled Crown, who have just overwhelmed me with support and love. You guys are constantly rooting for Monroe and that girl needs your support. She's a mess.

I wrote this purely because I thought you guys might like to read it. I've had Viera's story in my head for quite a while and I am excited to tell it to you now. Thanks for supporting The Culled Crown series and my writing. 

I appreciate you.

Brianna

Trigger Warning: This story gets a bit dark (as you would expect with a story about Viera). It has elements of physical and emotional abuse and brief mentions of self-harm.