Failed Introductions

The familiar sound of high heels clicking against tile flooring could be heard from a mile away,the smell of vanilla lingering in the building's lobby as a young woman made her way towards the small elevator.She attempted to juggle a fairly heavy box of office supplies,the material stacked up so high she could hardly see where the elevator's button was located.She found it though,pressing the cool plastic with much struggle before she gave the noticeable cameras a small wave,a grin plastered across her face as she awaited for the double sided doors to slide open.It hadn't been long afterwards before she entered the confined room,the doors closing for just a quick moment.

  The girl was taken to the top floor,a series of cameras following her as she was faced with a large sign plastered in front of an office door.Dunder Mifflin,the place where her dreams were to come true as a saleswoman,the place where she'd not only be faced with her future but her past.This was where she'd be spending the rest of her life as a hopeless romantic with a poisonous job.The woman took a deep breathe as repositioned the box in her arms,pushing the door open with her side.She walked forward,careful as to not trip nor drop anything as she turned to face the lady at reception.
"Hi I'm-"Her melodic voice began to say,only to be cut off by the lady who wore soft red curls behind the desk,her attention being snapped from her computer and towards the woman.
"Oh,You must be Lizzy!Michael's been expecting you."

Conference Room Confessional:
" Hello,I'm Lizzy Walker and today's my first day as a saleswoman here at Dunder Mifflin!" Lizzy said chirpily into the camera,her face twisted in excitement as her pearl white teeth showed against her light red lipstick.

  "Why Hello there!And who might you be?"A man sang out as he exited what Lizzy only assumed to be his office,a quirky grin upon his face as he neared the awkward girl.Lizzy opened her mouth to speak before the woman with red curls spoke for her,a polite and warming glint in her eyes.
"Um,Michael this is Lizzy.She's the new saleswoman-"
"Right!Well,welcome!Mi Casa es Su Casa!"Michael said as he outstretched an arm towards the rest of the office,his coworkers showing an annoyed look as he failed his attempt in a spanish accent.Lizzy gave one of many cameras an awkward glance before looking back to her new boss,forcing herself to create a small smile on her thin lips as she readjusted her grasp on the heavy box in front of her once again.

  The office was filled with a short lived awkward moment of silence,Lizzy still in her spot as she looked at Michael expectantly.
"Right then!Let's give you a grand tour around,shall we?"Michael's arm was once again outstretched by his side,a clear indication for his new worker to follow alongside him.Lizzy took a couple steps forward,only to be stopped by the black haired man who made a very unpleasant noise in attempts to stop the girl.
"Eek!And to your right you'll find your desk!"Michael pointed to Lizzy's right,a clean desk coming into her view as she turned ever so slightly to see behind her large box.Breathing a sigh of relief,she went to set down her stuff,her arms aching with a great amount of pain and her legs beginning to feel slightly sore.

  "No,no,no.What do you think you're doing?"Michael had stopped her once again,causing her to give him a questionable look as she held the box inches away from the desk's surface.
"I'm putting my things down?"Lizzy spoke,her words coming out slow as to be careful of what she was saying.Michael clicked his tongue as he shook his head,The others' watching him closely as he did so.They took pity to the new girl,she didn't deserve to work in an obnoxious environment such as this one.
"No,that won't be necessary.Let's continue on with the tour."He said in a calm voice,beginning to walk behind a man that sat close to the two,a man that would be working alongside Lizzy for the rest of her career,one that she would come to know and love.
"And this Is Jim!Fun fact,He's our number one salesman of the year!Isn't That right,Jimbo?"Lizzy let out a huff as she gripped on tightly to the box,turning to look at the man she'd be working with for the next few years.

  Lizzy let out a small gasp,one that couldn't be audible to anyone but her as she looked at the man.He was fairly tall and had shabby brown hair,a small smile of embarrassment placed on his lips as he tried to hide it with a thin,blue pen.Lizzy tried to hide her look of surprise with a welcoming smile of her own,her cheeks a soft pink and her brown hair slightly in her face as she looked at the kind man.
"Well I don't mean to brag but/"He cleared his throat,a man beside him interrupting him with a finger to the face and a loud shout.
"That is false!I am the number one salesman of the year!"Lizzy flinched as she fixed her attention on the strange man who now stood next to the small group,a displeased look on his  face as he stared Jim down.He then quickly turned towards Lizzy,a hand outstretched towards her for her to shake.
"Dwight K.Schrute.Assistant Regional Manager."
"Assistant to the Regional Manager."Michael corrected from behind Jim.

  Lizzy squinted her eyes at the man as she kept the box balanced in her arms,her things remaining undisturbed as she tried to reach for his hand.She however failed and nearly dropped a notebook from the box,gaining another sympathetic look from her new coworkers.
"Lizzy Walker."She said with a sweet tone to her voice,forcing yet again another small smile as she looked at the nerdy man.
"I look forward to working with you.Now,it is I who is the top salesman of the year.Not Jim."Dwight said,trying to be calm but anger was clear in his voice as he held his hands by his sides.
"Well I don't know Dwight,The sales reports-"Michael began,a look of confusion looming over as he furrowed his eyebrows at Dwight.Jim smirked as he turned his chair towards Dwight,his blue pen never leaving his lips.
"Michael,the sales reports are lying.Don't listen to them!"Dwight yelled,stepping closer to the bunch.
"I don't know,Dwight.I think Michael's right.I mean The sales reports clearly state I'm top salesman of the year."Jim said sarcastically,his playful smirk never leaving his lips.

  Lizzy held back a giggle,smiling softly at Jim from beside him.Though she felt uncomfortable standing there as she watched the scene unfold,she felt like she was going to like it there.She already felt at home.