Ch.1: A Whole New World

Dedicated to -Solage- for giving me incentive to publish this and to ReadAtMidnight247 for being my editor as always. Now, I have like 15 complete chapters that need to be edited but I will try to publish them all once a week as to not run out of things to publish.

Onwards!

"Help! Get us out!"

Cage groans, opening his eyes hesitantly. He finds himself with his face pressed down to asphalt. He blinks, shooting up rapidly onto all fours as he looks around blearily.

"Where...?" Cage murmurs, smacking his lips. He rubs at his eyes before pulling his right arm away hurriedly. "A watch?" He mutters. He reaches for it with his left hand, touching the weird green hourglass faceplate. Cage gasps when a holographic image pops up. It looks like some kind of velociraptor. Cage shuts his eyes before slowly opening them. "XLR8 (accelerate)..." Cage whispers, staring at the velociraptor.

With no hesitance, Cage slams his hand on the watch. In a bright flash of green light, Cage transforms into a semi-armored velociraptor. He has black wheels on his feet and wears a helmet with a visor, leaving the other features of his face unknown. At the sound of an explosion, Cage— or XLR8— zooms out from behind the building he woke up in and sees a building on fire. His alien green eyes widen behind the visor.

His attention is on some colorful individuals that seem familiar but... he has no idea what their names are. They're strangers, so why would they be familiar to him? Cage shakes the musings away and on complete instinct, zooms forward and easily scales the side of the burning building. He grabs the thin figure in bright orange and yellow spandex that almost fell from the top floor of a two story building. Cage hauls him through the second floor window where the other colorful clad beings are.

"You okay?" Cage asks, his once human voice a raspy nasally tone.

"Yeah— woah!" Orange spandex turns around as he's responding, jumping back in shock at Cage's appearance. Though, he felt like he should be calling himself XLR8... even if he didn't know why. "What are you?"

"Nobody special, just here to help." XLR8 replies. "Call me XLR8." The velociraptor-like alien adds. "And you—?" XLR8 gasps when he peers down the hallway, finding a blue skinned being with horns disappearing behind closing elevator doors. "What was that?" XLR8 inquires. It would appear only XLR8 and the dark skinned male with bright blond hair shaved close to his head and pale grey eyes had seen it.

"What was what?" The smallest being asks. He's dressed in red, yellow, and black with shaggy black hair falling over a domino mask. XLR8 points at the elevator with one of his claws. "Oh, that's an elevator."

"I know what— that's not— there was a blue alien!" XLR8 stammers, finding it hard to form the words. Suddenly, his visor slides up to reveal his blue face with green eyes and black lips.

"You're the only blue alien here." Orange comments. XLR8 shoots him an annoyed look.

"XLR8, right?" Dark skin asks, cutting in. XLR8 nods. "I saw it too." He adds. "I am Aqualad." Aqualad introduces himself before gesturing to orange. "This is Kid Flash," Kid Flash nods, "and he is Robin." Aqualad finished. The words rang a bell but XLR8 still couldn't quite place them.

"Elevators should be locked down." Kid Flash comments. His posture is straight and tense. Robin grabs Kid Flash's elbow and shoulder before moving past him without a word. He stops to the right of Aqualad, subsequently away from XLR8.