Ch. 4: More Daddy Issues Than A Bus Full of Strippers

Um... didn't I publish this??? I— what?

A school bus is traveling on a bridge, filled with children on their way to school. The road under them begins to crumble and two of the support cables fall into their path. Knowing he can’t drive over them, the driver slams on the break and turns the bus so it hits the divider and comes to a full stop.

A moving truck behind them couldn’t stop fast enough, and as they jerk away from the bus, they don’t fully collide, but do nick the back of it to nudge them through the divider and closer to the edge while they and a small car crash into the opposing divider. A red car continues to speed, unaware, until they crash into the back corner of the bus, knocking it through the wall on the outside of the bridge and completely destroying their engine compartment. The bus teeters dangerously on their middle, threatening to fall into the river below.

From a high room in a Wayne Tech building, Bruce Wayne can see the situation. Moving to his desk, he tips back the head on an Alfred-bust, revealing a red button which he presses to reveal a hidden drawer with his Batman costume. Though he doesn’t grab it as he hears a sonic boom go off. Turning, he finds Superman flying towards the bridge.

He flies past the bus and instead goes under the bridge to support the crumbling portion. Then uses his heat vision to mend the cracked horizontal supports.

•~~~•~~~•

Ultraman follows Superboy at a distance from the air as he watches the clone leap from place to place. He would've offered to fly the fellow teen, but the clone had no idea the shapeshifter was following him. Ultraman knew Superboy would be furious with him so he would keep it that way.

Superboy jumps from tower to tower of the bridge with ease, getting himself closer to the accident. Then landing on the deck without even denting the concrete. Although, below him, Superman feels the sudden strain on the area he’s keeping up.

Superboy, seemingly unaware, runs to get the white car away from the edge where they too crashed through the wall. He picks up the car by it’s back bumper with a grunt and turns it a full 180° to place it back in the lanes.

The bus tips further over the edge, causing the kids inside to scream in fear, but Superboy grabs the rear bumper of the bus, his combat boots trying to find purchase and he holds the bus so it won’t fall over the edge. Even managing to pull it back, though his ground teeth and battle cries prove how hard this is for the clone. The bus is suddenly easier to lift and pushing the bus over his head to look under it gives him his answer.

Ultraman grins at the clone from the front bumper of the bus, helping Superboy lift it onto the bridge and set it down gently.

"I thought you could use a hand." He offers sheepishly.

“I had that.” Superboy defends, gesturing to the bus to prove his point. Ultraman winces and looks at the clone with puppy-dog eyes.

"I know, I just wanted—"

"The two of you could've dropped those kids." Superman states tersely. “As it is, your landing could’ve destabilized the entire bridge.” he continues to scold. That statement is directed at Superboy. Ultraman turns to face Superman, opening his mouth to give the kryptonian a piece of his mind but stops himself short when he sees the kids they just saved pressing their faces against the bus' windows in awe. He smiles at them before forcing that smile to stay on his face as he looks at the Metropolis hero.