Ch.9: A-B-C Just Kill Me

"Ready for school?" M'gann calls out as she flies down the hall, then bypassing the stairs with three paper bags in her hand. "I made our lunches." Red Tornado, Kaldur, and Manhunter follow her. Cage yawns loudly as he enters the garage area of the cave, dressed in a band tee with a leather jacket over the shirt and ripped skinny jeans hugging his legs which are tucked into light brown hiking boots.

     "Whoever created schools sucks." He complains, scratching at his scalp and messing up his already messy hair even further. He decided against brushing it since he wasn't planning on trying to fit in anyways. M'gann sends him a small smile before flying up to him and handing him his lunch.

     "Aw, c'mon Cage, school shouldn't be that bad!" She encourages only receiving a playful glare for her efforts.

     "Oh, they're going to eat you alive." He purrs as he takes the offered paper bag with a soft "thank you" and nods in greeting at Superboy.

     "The first day of the scholastic season carries great cultural resonance. We want to wish you three well." Manhunter tells both of them, as Superboy stands up. Even Kaldur gives them a smile.

     "Guess it's not a Kryptonian thing," Superboy mutters as he wipes his hands off.

     "Hate Mondays," Cage grumbles, yawning once more and smiling sleepily as Kaldur approaches them.

     "You may wish to... change before you depart." Kaldur offers the two aliens.

     "Ah, I spent hours choosing this outfit." she changes into black flats, white knee-high socks, a burgundy skirt, a white top, and a burgundy short sweater. "What do you think? Can M'gann M'orzz pass as an Earth girl now?" She's still green though.

     "Well..." Kaldur offers hesitantly.

     "Yeah, just tell everyone you're part of the gardening club and you'll fit right in." Cage sarcastically states and upon earning weird looks, he loses confidence. "You know, because, green thumbs? And she's—" He gestures at her with a hand. "Green?" M'gann is the first to laugh and Kaldur forces one which makes Cage roll his eyes. "I waste my best material on you guys." He grumbles before muttering, "I bet Robin would've laughed," under his breath.

     "Anyways, I'm kidding." Miss M assures, turning her skin tone from green to caucasian. "Meet Megan Morse." she does a small spin and a curtsy. "What's your new name?" She asks the clone.

Superboy's eyes go wide. "My what?"

     "I chose the name John Jones for myself." Manhunter changes to a bald dark-skinned man in a suit. "And suggested John Smith for Red Tornado. You could be a John too."

     "Pass." Superboy shoots down, crossing his arms.

     "What!? Dude! You could be Bobby John! I saw it on a tv show—"

     "Pass," Superboy repeats, cutting Cage off who pouts.

     "Conner's always been my favorite name." M'gann offers, to which Cage curls a lip in disgust.

     "Conner? That is way too bland for this guy. He doesn't even look like a Conner!" Cage complains, pointing at Superboy.

     "I don't care!" Superboy shouts to quiet Cage's nagging. Again, the brunet pouts.

     "A last name will also be required," Kaldur informs him.