Ch. 8: The Amnesia Case is the Only One Who Remembers

Robin and Cage look through binoculars at the Bialyan desert. They set them down and their attention is turned to Miss M, Superboy, and Artemis, who are back by the bioship. Superboy is moving some kind of storage thing (Cage forgot the name of it) that Robin puts a GPS marker on.

     "All clear." the Boy Wonder tells them.

     "The Bialyans control the site." Artemis' voice speaks up, her and Robin crawling in the desert to look over a small Bialyan camp.

     "Set it up here." Cage tells Superboy, who drops the device he was carrying on his back. The straps disappearing and only needing one button to fully activate the machine.

     "We'll be up and running in no time." Robin says as he types away at the keyboard on the machine.

     "Jackpot!" Wally says from behind the Boy Wonder, standing up from his slight crouch. "This site's lousy with Zeta Beam radiation." Robin looks to the speedster.

     "Detecting non-terrestrial trace elements from the tent." The Boy Wonder informs the Team. Cage nods, coming to stand beside him.

     "I'll check it out in camouflage mode." M'gann offers.

     "Good idea, go." Cage tells her, nodding in the direction of the tent as he remains by Robin's side.

    "Careful." Superboy says immediately.

    "And maintain telepathic contact." Aqualad urges gently, worry for any danger evident in his voice.

    "I will Aqualad." she promises. M'gann pulls open the tent flap. 'I'm in.'

    'Good,' Aqualad's voice comes through the telepathic link. 'but tread carefully. Camouflage is not invisible.'

M'gann sees the scientists grouped around the sphere as electricity sparks and the machine whirs. 'They're testing something, but it's alive. In pain.' she realizes, horrified. "Hello? Can you hear me?"

    "I can." Psimon chuckles darkly, causing M'gann's attention to try and find its source. 'And an open mind is a dangerous thing.'

     'Someone's hacked into our link!' M'gann shouts to the Team just as her eyes settle on Psimon.

    'Psimon can't see you.' the madman still sound smug. 'Psimon can't touch you.' he pulls down his hood. 'But Psimon can make you all FORGET!' As his eyes meet M'gann's, the Team hears a loud ring, causing all of them to clutch their heads and scream. As soon as it starts, it's done and they all wander off in separate directions. Except for Superboy who jumps high with a yell.

•~~~•~~~•

Cage comes to with a groan. He looks around and finds two things: 1) he's laying in dirt, and 2) it's night time. He has no recollection of getting there until an odd force fills his mind with memories of the past six months and what occurred an hour ago.

    "M-my team!" He exclaims, sifting through his aliens and settling on Fasttrack. He zooms off in search for his team members.

He spends over four hours searching— and hiding from Bialyan soldiers— but he finds nothing. The sun was up for three of those hours. Just when he's about to give up, Superboy crash lands next to him with a ripped shirt on.

    "Superboy!" Fasttrack exclaims with joy. "Am I glad to see you! We have to find—" He cuts himself off in a surprised yell when Superboy charges him. He zooms out of the way, getting a couple feet of distance. Superboy roars at him before leaping off. "Wait!" He shouts after the clone. "Okay... he's either pissed off or..." The feline couldn't think of any other reason for the clone to attack him. He furrows his brows and thinks back.