Working

As soon as I could, I sold the few items I stole for him, getting enough money to figure something out. I wasn't sure if I should try to run even farther, but ended up deciding on sticking around the very large city. It was far enough away, and large enough that until I could get onto my feet and make my own life, away from my past. I found the cheapest hotel I could, only having enough money at the moment for a few weeks. I needed to find some way to support myself. I got myself washed up, splurging on some money for some nice clothes. I needed to land a job, which meant I needed to look good. I knew I could work well in a spa, thanks to my Quirk, I was really good at massages. After all, that was a large part of what he forced me to do when he scheduled me for 'work'. 

A few days passed as I tried to find somewhere to work. While it took me some time, I eventually managed on getting a job. It was at a small grocery store not too far away from the hotel I was now calling home. I worked hard, which put me in good graces with my boss. Thanks to the years of having to convince my 'clients' that I was happy, I was able to easily convince those around me that too. I wasn't bubbly, by all means, but I did my best to keep a smile on my face. I didn't want to show everyone just how broken, just how scared I was. I didn't need their pity. I was stocking up some cans of corn onto a shelf when someone came up to me. "Um.... Excuse me, for some reason, I can't find where the green tea is... do you by chance know where it is?" A deep voice asked me. It seemed somewhat familiar, but I couldn't exactly tell why it seemed familiar. I looked up at the man, and knew it must have just been a coincidence, as I had never seen the male before. He was very thin and angular. I gave him a soft smile, though it disappeared quite quickly after that. As soon as I looked at the man, his eyes widened  and he started to violently cough into his hand. I looked at him, my worrying only increasing when I saw a crimson liquid spill from his fingers. I grabbed some towels I kept with me in case I found a spill  I rushed over to him, holding the towel gently to his hand.

"Are you alright, sir? Do I need to call an Ambulance?" I asked, worried about him. I continued to help the male, till he stopped coughing. He took a hold of the towel, wiping of the blood himself. His face looked quite flushed. Was he injured or sick? Either way, he needed immediate medical help. 

"N-no, I'm alright, but thank you for your concern." He responded, his grip on the cloth was tight. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make worry and make such a mess." He didn't look at me, wondering if it meant I did something wrong, or offended him in someway.

"Are you sure? I don't mean to pry, but you aren't looking so great." I just needed to make sure he was actually alright. I look at him, and stopped pushing him, after all, less than a week ago, I was pretty much in his position, not wanting to go to the hospital despite how much that hero tried to push me to seek help. "Well, if you won't accept going to the hospital, at least let me help you out as much I can." I smiled kindly at him, getting him to finally look at me, a bit confused. I held out my hand to him. "My Quirk... The best way to explain it is that it can be used as a really good pain killer." I do my best to try to explain my Quirk. He hesitantly gave me his hand, allowing me to use my Quirk. I held onto his hand with both of mine. After a minute, I let go and smiled up at him. "I hope that helped."

"It really did! You have an amazing quirk!" He responded, smiling back at me. It was the first time I seen him smile throughout our entire conversation. It honestly felt really nice to use my Quirk for something good, and to make someone smile. But, his wording made me feel some deja vu. The Hero said the same thing... "Thank you." 

I snapped back into reality. "No problem! Now lets find your green tea!" I think for a second, then remember where I last saw them. I walked a few isles over, finding where it was. "Here it is! We recently changed some things around, so sorry about the inconvenience." I explained, turning to see look at him.