Fluff and Angst

//This chapter was going to be called 'Appointments' but I decided that this title was better after writing it all.

I stood in front of Toshinori's house. It was Wednesday, a bit before 3 am, my first appointment with the skeleton like man. I won't lie, I was nervous. The last time I did something like this....  more bad memories surfaced. I walked up and knocked on the door. He was expecting me to show up... and for 150000 yen. I couldn't deny such an opportunity. Toshinori opened up the door and gave a half smile. "Hey." He greets and stood there before letting me in. He was always a bit... awkward. But, that was kinda a bit... cute? I think that's the right word. I smiled at him, and couldn't hold back the giggles. He raised a nonexistent eyebrow. "What's so funny?" That made me burst out into laughter. 

"Y-Your hair!" I giggle, looking up at the blond mess. "You totally just rolled out of bed!" His face turned pink and he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I-Is it really that bad? I...I mean you are right on, but... I really didn't think it was that bad." He mumbles shyly.

"I can run a brush through it if you want." I tell him and his face turned even redder. 

"N...No, you don't need to do that!" He waved his hands in the air. "W...Where would you like to go? To use your quirk?" 

"Wherever you are the most comfortable." I quietly took deep breaths to try and calm myself down. Memories just kept resurfacing. "And honestly, I don't mind. I used to be working in a spa and brushing people's hair was actually one of the more relaxing things to do." 

"You used to work in a spa? Why did you quit that? Surely the pay couldn't be that bad... and with your quirk, I'm sure they would pay for you to get the training and such to use your quirk for commercial use." Toshinori had started walking to the living room when he noticed I had stopped.

.

.

.

There was a lot of red flags when it came to (F/N). I knew there was some difficult things that happened in her past. Despite what I had overheard at the cafe, new information came up that worried me. Melody had told me she was struggling financially, though that wasn't too hard to figure that out. I was honestly quite worried about her. Things weren't really making sense. She said she worked in a spa, but she didn't have the certification. I knew there was no way any spa would let someone with a quirk like hers go to waste, they would have gotten her the certification. Black Market, maybe? I didn't know how far her quirk could go, I knew that healing and pain killing wasn't the only thing she could do, I know she could create pain and drain energy too. Maybe prostitution? That was sadly quite possible. I was all wrapped up in my own thoughts when I noticed she had frozen in place. Just by looking at her, I knew I had brought up things I shouldn't. Her eyes showed a pain... fear, regret... I knew those eyes, those were the same emotions in my own. 

.

.

.

"You don't have to tell me... I'll... go get a brush." He snaps me out of my thoughts. I knew I had let too much slip, yet he didn't push. I made my way into his living room, just looking about. He came back, a brush in hand. I gave him a soft smile. 

"If you just wanna sit down and get comfortable, I can start working." I tell him, and he nods, awkwardly making his way to his couch. He sat down and I moved to sit down next to him. I could tell he was quite uncomfortable. "Relax, you don't need to be so nervous around me." I pulled his body closer. I was sitting upright, my legs folded beneath me to get some much needed height. I could tell he wasn't relaxing at all, his body very stiff and uncomfortable.