Chapter 7

I hugged the blanket tighter around me as I sat in the back of an ambulance. The moment I had walked out of the truck, one of the officers had noticed the dried blood on my face and guided me towards the EMTs.

I sucked in a breath as the Paramedic cleaned my wound. "Sorry ma'am." He said. I hadn't felt the pain since getting hit, but now that the adrenaline had worn off, I felt a dull throbbing.

"Kasey Gordon?" A gentlemen asked. I looked up and spotted Steve McGarrett. 

"Yes. That's me." I stated. He nodded to the paramedic who took the hint of giving us privacy.

He held out his hand and I shook it. "I'm Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett."

"Commander. It's a pleasure to meet you. I can't thank you enough for what you've done today." I said.

He shook his head. "It's my job." He replied.

For the next 30 minutes, Commander McGarrett asked me several questions regarding the events of earlier today. He complimented my quick thinking with leaving the note on the bus with significant information that was a major help in finding us. By the end of the conversation, I was exhausted and ready to go home.

"Kasey? Kasey!" I heard. Commander McGarret stopped speaking and turned to identify the voice. I peaked around his brooding figure and spotted my fiancé trying to push passed the line of police officers. "Let me through! She's my fiancé!" He exclaimed.

The officers looked at the Commander who gave a nod of approval. The stepped aside as William came barreling towards us.

Once he reached us, he pulled me into a tight hug. "My god Kasey, i was so worried. I swear, I'm never letting you leave my sight." He exclaimed. I relaxed into his hug and welcomed the warmed it brought. If there was anyone who could make me forget the events of today, it was him.

He let go of me once he realized there was another presence standing with us. He turned and took in Commander McGarrett. "You must be one of the officers that helped find, Kasey. Thank you for everything. I don't know what I would've done without her." He stuck out his hand and shook hands with Commander McGarrett.

"It's just what I do." He replied. "I'll let you two have a moment. It was nice meeting you." He smiled and walked over to two officers and began discussing. I couldn't take my eyes off of them. I guess you could say I was star stuck from being in the presence of Five-O. I always read about them in the paper but I had never thought I would actually interact with them.

The EMT walked around the side of the ambulance and stopped in between William and I. "Ms. Gordon? We'd like to transfer you to the hospital if that's all right with you. Just to make sure you don't have a concussion from the blow to the head you received." He said. I glanced up at William exhausted. He looked at me a gave nod.

"You should. Better to be safe than sorry." I sighed. I just wanted to go home and sleep. Not spend hours or days in an uncomfortable bed being poked and prodded.

"Fine, but I want to a nice long foot rub when I get home." I smiled.

William laughed and nodded. "You can have whatever you want."

"I'll called it in, Ma'am. We'll go when you're ready." He said, walking away.

"I love you, Kasey. I'll meet you at the hospital, okay?" William said.

"Okay. I love you. I'll see you soon." He leaned down and softly kissed me. Oh how I lived for his lips. He pulled away too soon and gave a quick kiss to my forehead.

I don't know what I would do without him. The way he always puts my needs before his own. His love filled me with warmth that would cease to exist without him. I hope there never comes a day I experience the emptiness that would be left with his leaving.

AN:
Hey guys! I just want to let you know that I am always editing these chapters so if you find mistakes please let me know so I can fix them! Also, please leave me a comment or two to let me know how I'm doing. I always welcome compliments or critiques. Thank you for reading ❤️