Chapter 10

I held a now empty glass of champagne in my hand while I waited for Will to come out of the bathroom. I stood against the wall watching the party goers dance. Malia and Chin were making their rounds greeting their guests while the groomsmen were hitting the dance floor. I don't know how I didn't know Chin Ho was apart of Five-O. Malia had said he used to be a cop but then stuff happened that broke them up before.

I heard the door to the bathroom open which pulled me from my thoughts. "About time you're done. Can we go talk to Malia now?" I stated. Not taking my eyes of the newlywed couple.

"Excuse me?" A man asked.

I turned to the man that was not my fiancé. "Commander McGarrett. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I thought you were somebody else." I stammered. I could feel my face turn red as he chuckled.

"It's okay. Please, call me Steve. How are you feeling by the way? You were one of the teachers during the kidnapping right?" He asked. I was shocked that he even remembered.

"Yeah, I was. I'm doing okay. Besides the nightmares and slight concussion, I can't complain." I replied. Why'd I have to mention the nightmares. I should've just said fine, thanks. God I'm an idiot.

"What you went through was hard so nightmares are expected. You'll get through it though." He said. "I'm just glad we got there when we did."

The possibility of what would have happened if they didn't get there rushed through my mind. I gulped and nodded. "Yeah, me too."

The door to the bathroom opened and Will walked out, looking startled to see Steve and me.

"I've got to get back to the dance floor before my partner thinks I bailed on him. It was good talking to you." He nodded and walked away joining the growing crowd of dancers.

I watched him walk away until Will pulled my attention back to him. "Geez, I leave you for 2 minutes and you already have guys hitting on you." He joked, kissing me.

I laughed and pulled away. "You can't rid of me that easily. Come on. I want to go meet Chin and congratulate them."

We walked over to the couple hand in hand. I gripped him tightly as we navigated through the mass of people bustling around socializing and drinking. I didn't know many people at the wedding so my plan was to say congratulations and then head out. I wasn't in the mood to stay and see how many glasses of champagne I could drink before getting extremely trashed.

Malia stopped talking to a large Asian gentleman when she spotted them. "Kasey!" She exclaimed. "I'm so glad you could make it. I was afraid you were going to convince Will to stay in."

"She almost did." Will joked. I hit him lightly in the chest and shook my head.

"You know I wouldn't miss this for the world." I said as I pulled her in for a hug. "Plus, I wanted to meet the saint that will have to deal with you for the rest of your life." I joked.

She pulled away and gave me a stern look. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm amazing." She turned and got the attention of her new husband. "Chin come here. There's someone I want you to meet."

Chin nodded and made his way over. "Sweetheart, this is Kasey Gordon. My best friend that I keep telling you about but apparently you have never met. This is her fiancé, William Scott. He's works at the hospital with me." Chin smiled and shook both our hands.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both." He said.

"You as well." I replied. "I've heard so much about you." Apparently not enough to know you work with Five-O though.

"Okay, so this is how it's going to go. Chin is taking William to the dance floor while I take Kasey to get another drink. It's time we finally get to enjoy our wedding." Malia said. I did not want another drink but I think she knew that. I looked at William's questioning gaze and nodded. He kissed my cheek and I smiled.

"Take care of him, Chin. Don't let him bust out any of his moves." I joked. William and Chin walked in the direction of of the dance floor while Malia pulled me to the open bar.

Somehow, Malia had convinced me to dance with the massive crowd of people. Of course, William was in the middle with the groomsmen doing who knows what. I had a pretty good buzz going and was beginning to let loose.

Half way through dancing, William spotted me and danced his way over. "Wow. I don't think I've ever seen you on the dance floor, babe." He said. One of the new "hip" songs was on that I had regularly heard in the hallways. I was never up to date on the songs but apparently this DJ was.

"I'm not. You're imagining it." I joked. Okay. I was drunk. I don't even think tipsy me would be doing this. I let the music flow through me and let my limbs move whichever way they felt necessary. I wasn't in control and I knew it was going to be time to go home soon.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom and then we're going to get out of here, okay?" William shouted over the music. The dance floor was still packed as none of the guests had plans of leaving anytime soon, well, except for us.

"You know where to find me!" I exclaimed. I grabbed Malia's hands and continued to dance, forgetting that I was going to have to go soon.

"Wait Willy. Did I— did I say goodbye to Malia and Chin? I can't leave without saying goodbye." I slurred. William was in the process trying to buckled me into the passenger seat but I pushed his hands out of my way trying to get out of the truck.

"Yes, you said goodbye. Several times. Honey, I think it's time for us to get home." He stated calmly. I can name the number of times I've gotten drunk on one hand and fortunately, William has been there every time to help me through it.

"Oh. Okay." I said. I rested my head against the seat and began to doze off. I didn't even hear William climb in the driver's seat and start the car. The movement of the car, however, jolted me awake, kickstarting my motion sickness.

"Babe, I uh- I want to marry you. You're just so pretty." I stated, rubbing my hand along his jaw line. "Can we just do it tonight." I said as the car went over a bump. I felt my stomach go into my throat and I slumped back down against the seat.

"Never mind. Maybe tomorrow." I said.

"Tomorrow." He stated. I looked at him surprised and he met my gaze. "We'll pick a date tomorrow." Joy bubbled in my chest to think of us actually planning a wedding. I leaned over and attempted to kiss his cheek but ended up kissing his ear. I landed back in the seat as the truck came to a screeching halt.

"What the—" Will exclaimed. I looked through the windshield and took in the recent accident blocking half the road. A car was over turned with smoke coming out of the hood while the other car dangled half off the road and the other half in the ditched. William reached to unbuckle his seat belt but I stopped him.

"No please don't. Let's just call 911." I pleaded. This felt too familiar. The kidnapping with the kids being the first thing that came to mind.

"William shook his head. "Kas, if someone's hurt, I have to help them." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and handed it to me. "Call 911. Don't leave the truck please. You're safe in here."

He jumped out of the truck and ran to the overturned sedan. I clutched the phone in my hand and watched him pull out a body.

I frantically dialled 911 and listened for the dial tone but all I got was beeping. I pulled it away from my ear and dreaded the notification on the screen. No service.

I looked up from the phone to tell William that we couldn't contact anyone but he was gone. The body was on the ground unmoving and it took everything in me not to release the contents of my stomach in the truck. I looked around to see if he had gone to the other car but it was pitch black. My mind was sobering up fast and I blinked a couple times to see if I could make out any shapes.

My door abruptly opened and I jumped. A cloth was placed over my mouth as I tried to scream and claw my way away from the attacker. After a few seconds my arm grew tired and my body felt weak. I continued to struggle until my mind finally slipped into unconsciousness.