Chapter 11

It had to have been a dream. All of it: the car crash, the attacker, being drugged. I was probably too drunk and the alcohol caused me to have a bizarre dream but we were okay. I would wake up and run to the bathroom puking. William trailing behind me to pull my hair back. He would pick me when I'm done and tuck me back into bed.

I felt a hair tickle my nose and I reached up to brush it out of my face. My eyes snapped open as my arm refused to move. It wasn't a dream. It was real and it wasn't over.

Sitting across from me was William who looked much worse than I'm sure I did. Dried blood covered his forehead almost like he was hit. His head hung down and I could his chest heave up and down. He was sitting upright in a chair with his hands tied behind him, much like mine. Looking around, I realized that we were in our house. Whoever tied us up had taken two of our chairs from the dining room table and placed them in the middle of the living room, pushing the coffee table out of the way. There was only 3 or 4 feet between Will and I but I wanted to be closer, I wanted to be in his arms safely in bed while he whispered to me how much he loved me.

The sound of footsteps came from the kitchen and I quickly put my head down pretending to be asleep. Our attacker continued in the living room and stopped between Will and I. I held my breath, praying he wouldn't know I'm awake.

"Time to wake up." The voice said as ice water was dumped on me. I gasped and my eyes opened wide. He turned and did the same to Will who had to same reaction.

I blinked through the freezing water and looked at our kidnapper. He couldn't have been more than 5'9" and wore a black ski mask. He was built well. His tight shirt hugged each muscle and accentuated their movement.

"Who are you?" William growled. The man laughed making Will grind his teeth. He walked around us, glancing at different objects around the house.

"Lovely home you have here. It would be a shame if something happened to it." He said. I gulped and William visibly got more angry.

"What do you want?" He asked. The golden question. The man ignored the question and continued to walked around.

"We don't have money. We can't give you much." William bribed. That stopped the man in his tracks. He turned and looked straight at me and laughed.

"Don't have much money? That's a flat out lie. Your fiancé here is a heir to billions thanks to her father's production." He stated. I winced.

"That's not our money. We don't even have access to it." I explained. If money was what they wanted then I could get it for him. Did I want him know that? No.

"I'm not here for your money." He stated. He stopped behind William and pulled out a gun. "I'm here to send a message." He cocked and pointed it.

"Stop, stop, stop. We can get you the money. Just don't shoot him!" I shouted. I couldn't imagine life without. He was the love of my life and once you find one, you can't find another. Will held eye contact with me and shook his head. Tears streamed down my face as he pulled the trigger.

Blood splatter across the living room as I let out a horrific screech. Williams slumped again the chair, his eyes still focused on me.

"No no no no no. Wh-why! Why would you do that." I yelled. I couldn't even take my eyes off of Will. He was still dressed in his tux from the wedding. He looked so handsome. It could've been our wedding.

"Checkmate." The man said before turning the gun on himself and pulling the trigger.

I stared wide eyed as his body thumped to the ground. Blood began to flow on the floor and puddled around his head.

Checkmate. Checkmate. Those very words sent a chill down my spine, forcing me to let out a loud sob. I can't do it. I can't do it without him.