Step one: Proposal

"Okay Catra you got this, you been dating for five years now. It's been ten scene you felt the spark during your first dance and it's still there. Four words is all you have to do." My thoughts ran through my head every time I got nervous. I took the small black box out of my pocket and and opened the lid. The ring was tucked inside and the blue crystal reminded me of her eyes and the gold band reminded me of her golden hair.
"Earth to Catra." Scorpia waved a hand in front of my face. "You ready?"
"Yeah. I'm ready." I put the ring back in my pocket.
"Don't be nervous you totally got this!" Entrapta pushed her forge mask up and her nerd smile was in full force.
"I'm not nervous." I hissed.
"We've been friends scene high school, I can tell when you're nervous." Scorpia gave me a reassuring bare hug.
"Okay I would like to propose to my girlfriend with my ribcage intact please." I managed to say with the last breath I had.
"Fine." She let go of me."I'm just so proud of my best friend finally found the one." Her smile was a cheesy as you can imagine.
"Thanks cinnamon roll." I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Entrapta you fixed Skip right?"
"Yes, your motorcycle is fully functional."
" Thanks. I'll be back." I grabbed the keys and walked to the garage. "Don't burn down the house while I'm gone!"
"You got it boss!"
"No promises!" The two different answers that I expected.

The hum of the engine roared as more and more worries flooded my head. 'What if she says no? What if she's going to break up with me?' My heart raced as I pulled up to the BrightMoon mansion. There were three people waiting outside, one made my heart skip a beat. "She's here. I'll be back before midnight." Adora waved goodbye to her friends when she turned her back to them, Bow and Glimmer shoot me thumps up.
   'At least I get best friends approval.' "Hey Adora." I smirked.
    "You brought Skip today?" Her smile warmed my heart.
    "Yeah thought we could go on an adventure."
"You didn't bring helmets." Her voice made the sound of concerned.
"No, not today." I paused."I know how much you like snuggling up against my neck as we ride anyway." My smirk only grew.
"I hate you." Is all she said.
"I love you to babe. Now come on, the Metro Shower is tonight."
"You remembered." Her smile returning to her face.
"Of course I remembered. Only because you told me a million times." Adora and I hopped onto the bike and I felt Adora wrap her arms around my waist.
    We drove out of town and into the Whispering Woods. As I expected I felt Adora nuzzled the back of my neck as we turned on a dirt road an into the forest. I parked Skip and got off the bike, Adora's hand was reached out to mine, she took it and pulled me along a trail we walked many times before.
    She was always stronger then me, physical and emotional, I guess that's one reason I fell in love with her. I might be the "man" of the two of us but damm, she's got muscles.
    She slowed down as we neared a cliff. A single tree was sitting about five yards away from the edge and yes there is a heart craved into it. The sun was setting in the distance and the sky was turning from blue to orange. "It's beautiful." She whispered.
  "Not as beautiful as you."
  "You are sure a charmer" She turned to me. A soft smile crept onto my face as the stars started to peak out of the sky. Then streaks of light shot down from the heavens. "It's starting ." Her eyes lite up like a Christmas tree. I laughed as she pointed out the names of stars and constellations.
  "You are such a nerd." I said as she rested her head on my shoulder.
  "Yeah, that's why you love me."
   "Damm it, you're not wrong."
     She walked in front of me and stood at the edge of the cliff. Her back was turned to me.
"Do it!" My brain yelled at me. I took a deep breath and sank down to one knee and pulled out the black box. "Hey Adora." I said trying not to freak out. She turned to me and her face turned to shock. "People usually say they had an inter speech and forgotten it but I know if I said it, you would know I was lying. I act on impulse so I'm just going to say it. Well you marry me?"

A silence fell between us. I could hear my heart beat in my ears. "YES!" She throw herself into my arms as a wave of relief washed over me. I slid the ring on her finger and leaned my forehead against hers. Tears were spilling from both of our eyes as we came together for a kiss.