uno.

Your parents spent years gradually explaining what happened on that disastrous night. The more information you gained, the harder it became to hear about it. You and your parents were more than lucky to get out alive. You were walking back home late at night with your father. You both went grocery shopping but made a long detour. Suddenly, a stranger bumped shoulders with your father.

The stranger quickly said excuse me and your father, being nosey, asked why the man was in such a hurry. The stranger looked to his left and then his right before coming closer to your father to whisper to him.

"Tonight is going to be the night. The night where he's going to kill everybody." This man looked terrified.

"What? . . . " Your father appeared slightly paler.

"Yes . . . that Itachi fellow. I was passing by and heard some mysterious people talking about some top-secret mission that involved killing everyone in the village."

You were looking up towards your father and the stranger. You were trying to understand what was going on but you couldn't grasp much. The only thing you were able to catch was that none of it was good. The expression on your father's face confirmed that none of it was good.

"How sure are you about this? . . ."

"Certain. See? I have all of my belongings in my backpack. I'm on my way out while I still have a chance."

". . . is there still time to save more of our people? . . ."

"I don't think we do. I think you should take your family and run while you still have a chance. Good luck."

The man said walking away which quickly turned into power walking. Your father took your hand and started walking faster as well. You got home in moments and your father rushed to put the groceries on the table and went straight to your mother to explain everything that happened. It didn't take long for your mother to hurry over to you and tell you to start packing. 

Unfortunately, everything turned out to be true.

Your family was able to get out of the village in time. Your parents dreaded not being able to warn anyone. You only saved yourselves. When you were far out into the forest with your parents and whatever belongings you all could carry, you three watched as flames slowly yet gradually began to emerge. It didn't take long until the entire village was covered in flames. Your eyes widened as you watched your entire young life disappear in mere moments. Barely grasping the situation or why it all happened.

Your parents decided to go and hide out in a faraway village called the village hidden in the leaf. It would take a long time to get there but your parents explained to you that the trip would be worth it. That your family would be able to start over, find a nicer home, you could go to school and make new friends who were even more wonderful than your previous ones.

Your parents didn't want to tell you that your old friends were dead at the time. It took you a long time to realize.

The journey to the village hidden in the leaf actually took about 2-3 months. You had plenty of food when you first started. By the middle of the escapade, you ended up having to survive on whatever you found in nature. This was the time when you learned about how to survive in the wild. There were plenty of times when whatever could go wrong did. It was especially difficult because your parents were not ninjas - there were ordinary villagers trying to make the best out of a terrible life situation.

                                                                ❀⑅❀

Near the end of the third month, your father spotted the village doors. Your parents were beyond relieved and so were you. At that moment, you only thought about the bed you were finally going to sleep in. Your parents walked to the gates and spoke with the ninjas nearby and explained everything that happened months ago. The ninjas looked at each other for a brief moment and the first one said that you three needed to be escorted to the Hokage. So you were.

Your parents then explained everything to the Hokage and asked if it were possible to live in the village. You remembered being exhausted but finally feeling hopeful because you might actually have that nicer home your mom talked about a few months ago.

The Hokage was kind to your family and said you could. He even helped you find a nicer home than your previous. Everything finally got better. That night, you slept on a bed.

The next day, you overheard your parents talking about how they were going to explain to you everything that happened to your village and how you three could never go back. You ended up approaching them abruptly. They were surprised and concerned with what you ended up saying.

"Mom . . . dad . . . it's okay . . . I know we can never go back home because home isn't there anymore."

They swapped looks and called you over to hold you. They explained that wasn't everything but promised to explain things better as you get older. You only shrugged at the time but it did bother you at first that you had to leave your old life behind. You didn't want to. But, you knew you had to.

                                                               ❀⑅❀

Your parents were doing their best to adjust to a new life - just like you. 

On one of the days that you were roaming around the village, you bumped into these kids who were picking on a girl. It didn't take you long to start walking over but this other boy stepped in quicker than you.

"Hey! I'm Naruto Uzumaki! I'm going to be the future Hokage! Leave her alone!"

You observed from a distance as you watched the boy make hand signs and tried to make clones of himself. The clones turned out as anticipated and the bullies laughed at him. The kids started beating him up right after and that was when you stepped in.

"Hey! Leave them alone!"

"Who the hell do you think you are- . . . you're that Uchiha kid."  The tallest boy smirked deviously. 

"Didn't your village and everyone in it die or something?"

That was actually the day you learned more about what happened. This was when you started realizing that your old friends and your old life were dead. But at the time, it didn't register.

"I don't like punks like you who say hurtful things for no reason!" The blonde boy, whose name you now know, cried. He then threw a pretty good punch to what appeared to be the kid leader. That was when you hopped on the leader's back and rode him around like a wild horse. 

In the end, both you and Naruto got beat up. You laid on the ground next to Naruto but he soon stood up. The girl with short dark purple hair thanked him, Naruto said no problem and ran away. You didn't even get a chance to speak with him to say thank you. But, you were able to speak with her.

"Thank you so much . . . you didn't have to do that."

Your eyes averted in her direction while still laying down on the ground. You were able to crack a small smile. You've had nothing to smile about for a handful of months. But seeing her, made you want to try.

"No problem."